• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 03, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave S -- It's very likely I'll be there-- probably just for a day, though. I'm not sure yet what I'll bring (probably at least one cub (my refurbished 70), and maybe two (my 73)). It's unlikely I'll bring my 123 but I wouldn't completely rule it out if it's needed for some reason.

I'll be at Red Power at the Iowa State fairgrounds. I'll have probably three with me; the Wheatland, 782, and the 2072 (as pictured in the profile pic).

Wyatt - your profile shows you in Sioux Falls. I thought you moved to Kansas someplace.

Thanks for the comments,,, actually the 149 is a product of everyone here on the forum that contributed with good advice, many hard to find parts, plus an occasional
bottom.gif
to keep me steered in the right direction,

I was just the wrench turner, and never owning a tractor before last April as far as I'm concerned the 149 is what you all have created,,, I'm just tickled to death to be a part of all this,,,
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 111
  • bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 113
  • bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 122
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 115
Jason - it is really nice to see your 149 come from what it once was to what it is today. I'd also like to add that you're a great new member to have on here and in a short period of time I've seen you actually contribute a lot of info/suggestions/etc. for many others. Hope you can keep it up.

I'd also like to say I noticed you didn't include a pic of your axle mishap in your timeline pics. I was really concerned at that time that you'd just disappear from this Forum never to be seen/heard from again. It was really great to see you stick with it and were very successful. It says a lot about you as a person, and your commitment to do things and complete things you start. You rate very highly in my opinion.

Harry-
I'm in the Sioux Falls area (working in Brandon to be exact), and regularly helping send fire apparatus out to your Snohomish Fire District (which is still sort of vague since Snohomish FD covers a huge area with all of their stations).

Geez Wyatt - I missed seeing you couple years ago when I flew into Sioux Falls and stayed in Brandon since it was close to the MN border and I had to visit a location just south of there in IA. I would'a liked to see your CC collection.

Since Snohomish is the county I'm in I'm guessing the Snohomish FD covers most of the county except maybe a few towns/cities that have their own fire fighter support.

Kind'a been waitin for Charlie to show up, especially since it ain't OTF. He must really be tied up with his snow and single digit temps that have been on both sides of the + and - signs.

Opened up the 104's engine today and was pleasantly surprised. Just a couple shots of carb cleaner and a few swipes w/a shop towel and Whaa Laa!.

The PO told me it had been overhauled but Ya always gotta take that w/a grain of salt, so I cracked it open. Will pull the pan tomorrow and have a peek in there. Looks like this will be an easy resto, at least in the engine dept. anyway. The tower and clutch hanger are a different story however, and yes, that ugly Cat yellow has to go!!

311923.jpg

311924.jpg

311925.jpg

311926.jpg

Attachments

• 311924.jpg
    311924.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 311925.jpg
    311925.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 311926.jpg
    311926.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 311923.jpg
    311923.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 311924.jpg
    311924.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 311926.jpg
    311926.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 109
  • 311925.jpg
    311925.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 311923.jpg
    311923.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 123
David - looks nice. How about getting us a pic of the cylinder wall too.

Back