• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 08, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken said hemi joints.
clappy.gif
clappy.gif

HEY ! I almost forgot to ask.
Who was driving through the Eau Claire Wi. area today with the trailer load of cubs and the simplicity on the back around 4:30pm heading north on the hwy. 53 by-pass?.

Art - I forgot to give you a response so here goes ...

I knew if I talked about ya I'd get ya to raise yer head so I could get a shot at ya !
52978.gif

I like "hemi" joints better than my idea. Besides the camera went 'poof' nowhere to be seen. Charlie I hope it's not soon that kohlr is going to stop making parts, I'll have to order up as many as I can and keep them hermatically sealed in my freezer for future use. I'll get one of those vacuum packing things.

The belt on my thrower is as tight as a fiddle string and still slips its a factory belt cogged belt going to do somthing different dont like stopping in a big snow bank . Got a rough file going to give the belt the once over . blowing snow last night those big chunks stoped it.

Thank you all who responded. I hope to try this thing out in the ground in April.

Belt slippage
I'm glad no one has mentioned using Belt Dressing yet. That stuff is great in the right place but I think on a snowblower it would be more damaging than good. Ram into a big snow pile and the belt wont slip it'll shread or worse something else will break.

Anybody ever made a CAT 0 hitch outta the existin cub hitch??? I have some Ideas, but I don't know fer sure...

I have some ideas as well Glen, I was thinking of modifying the top lift for lifting the lower 2 links and moving the location of the top link higher.

I recall my dad kept a bottle of Karo sryup in tool box for slipping belts. He used flat belts, guess same principle on a V. He always said, "Just a tad".
dunno.gif

Glen,
I have seen photos of what you are talking about, but I would not have the faintest idea where to start looking for them other than going through the archives page by page.

For the whole belt thing. If the belt is glazed enough, I toss it. If not I run some 0000 steel wool around the pulley groves. Then I hold it in my hand and run the belt through it. 220 grit works ok too. just have to be careful on how much work you put into it.

Just my .02

Digger I can hope, but we still have at least a month before I'll drop the thrower. besides I'm not done putting new bearings in the mower spindles. I'm guessing that won't see paint this year.

Jason,
This isn't exactly the same problem as you have, but it's close.This is what I did to a Bolens plow to set the point.
52982.jpg

52983.jpg

I added a jamnut to keep the turnbuckle from adjusting itself and bronze bushings to take up the play in the turnbuckle eyes.

With Dean and Charlie forecasting that the end is in sight, I've started making a list of things I'm <u>not</u> gonna do..
1: Wrestle the QA42 off the 129.
2: Change oil on any of the 37 or so 4 stroke powered things around here.
3: Cut firewood for next year.
4: Buy that 125 I've been looking at.
5: Fix the hydro leak on the 129.
6: Buy more tractor gas.
7: Move all the spare parts from the workshop to the new barn
8: Get the new spindle bearing for the 129's mower deck.
9: Find a Plow Day someplace in Michigan..
10: .....

Kyle,

Thanks for the post. That probbabaly worked out well for you since it appeaers that the pivot for your point is back at the corner angle of the beam.

Lyle,

V belts grip on the sides/edges.

flat belts grip on the bottom.

I think we have all had plenty of snow for the winter this year. If this keeps up next year maybe there should be a plow day in Febuary.
err.gif
We need at least on more good blast yet, I haven't let my Cub face off with green thing at the old mans place yet. I'd like to show him how over matched he is.
moon.gif

Hi. I have had the same problem with the belts slipping. The best thing for me is to clean the belt and pulley with cable cleaner (denatured alcohol). The alcohol evaporates and don;t leave a film on the parts. It is inexpensive at your drug store.

Back