• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CHARLIE - Looks to me like you need a couple feet more SNOW. You supposed to get any from that storm down in the south-west?

Glad we were down in N. Mexico, Arizona, Nevada, & Utah last week istead of this week.

Denny,
Beats me, Looks like the Nodaks are sending another batch my way later today, Grrrrrrr
256801.jpg

Charlie,
You need to help that poor ole moose out of the snow bank and on to the edge of the road. Poor thing 's been stuck there all winter.....
whistling.gif

Dennis,

I think you through a punch at us pullers about every 10 posts don't you? And besides, the only way to get a green tractor to pull anything is to put a cub cadet under the hood. You should know that!

Paul-
Either that, or Charlie could just change the name of his "other" business to "Antlers-R-Us"
biggrin.gif

Art, you know he's gonna get you for that !
whistling.gif

<font size="-2">While in the pet store today I saw that they were selling 6" chunks of moose antlers as dog chews! $12 to $15 each ! !</font>

Now, these ole bones don't like the cold too much and I had hopes of warmer weather. BUT 84 DEGREES is too much ! It thinned out my tractor oil so much I cant see it on the dip stick. <font size="-2">Sorry about you extra snow soon Charlie.</font>

Anyone mowing yet? I see Charlie is still moving the white stuff. I got the mower deck back on last week. The grass is starting to turn here and is thinking about growing.

I'm getting ready to re-shoe some brakes. I have Loctite two part epoxy and good ole J B Weld. Which would be the best for this application.

Art-

What glue did you use on your recent pto brake repair?

TIA for any input.

Well, pulled the rear end out of my 122 today for a little cleaning and have a question. The brake actuator lever (for lack of a better name) won't move and wondering if that's gonna be a problem? Tractor sat for years. Any suggestions on pulling axles for a look inside? Tractor shifts fine. Thanks

Sorry for the dirt.
256816.jpg

Daniel G.,

I mowed my yard last week and plugged it after mowing.

Charlie,

It got up to 80 degrees here today, and tomorrow is supposed to be around 83! Definitely Cub weather. I am riding my bike to work this week too.
taunt.gif
biggrin.gif

NIC - I don't pick on the pullers hardly at all. Only ones I pick at are the ones running some other color sheet metal on a CC chassis.

I've thought about making my 72 into a puller many times. All I need is another hobby to pour money into.

Once you get to a certain level, it's almost cheaper & easier to BUY a puller in pieces out of a catalog and put it together isn't it?

STEVE - I think a T/A in a GD would be more useful than a 2-spd in a hydro. Depends on how it's geared I guess. It's nice having 0-8 MPH with the push of one lever. If the 2-spd was 0-5 MPH in lo and 0-10 MPH in hi it would be good.

But a diff lock would be a great feature. Back years ago I always used the diff lock when plowing & other fieldwork on 4020's. Sure wished there had been one on 4010's.

Far as me ever owning a green tractor, well, that will never happen, especially a green GD. I drove a nearly new 110 at my cousin's place 40 yrs ago and thought the variator was a nice feature, but it appears to be more troublesome than a T/A in ANY IH tractor ever thought of being. My Uncle, cousin's Dad had a WF at the time, 149 I think it was, Guess my cousin got the "Short Straw" on seeing who got which tractor!

And the green tractors seem to be a little weak where the rearend bolts to the frame. And everything that bolts to the frame is diecast aluminum. Granted IH & MTD/CCC switched a lot of components to diecast, but they still kept six well spaced points of attachment between the rearend & frame. The frt half of the green tractors were made from heavy steel, but they're welded in several places! Just adds mfg costs and any weld is just a chance for a weak spot. And things like tie rods & tie rod ends were bigger, but you replace the OEM tie rod ends on a CC with heim joints and they last about ten years longer than FOREVER. I replaced the rod ends on my 72 with heim joints in 1983 and they're still tight as when I installed them.

I could never figure out why they used fiberglass hoods. Can't be for weight savings. And they're really fragile. Seems like they put metal and weight into places where it made no difference and didn't put the beef where it needed to be. I could never see the need for two hyd circuits on a garden tractor till I got the 982, but I still can't see the need for three. But then I plug my dump cart into the frt remotes on the 982. The two pcs of hose was cheaper than adding a set of rear remotes.

Most of the problems CC's have the green tractors have also because the componenets are the same or at least very similar, plus a few more problems on the green tractors besides.

Like I always say, I'm still trying to wear out my 48 and 45 yr old CC's. When they're too wore out to bother fixing I'll worry about buying something newer. Few years ago my new tractor would have been orange, but that dealer closed five years ago.

TERRY - That brake lever should move freely. The adjusting bolt has to be lossened a lot, or taken out. Then the cross shaft taps out and the lever comes off in your hand. There should be a ball bearing in the hole behind the lever.

If nothing is moving, use PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench or Kroil to loosen them up.

I wouldn't think there's any need to pull the axles, but if the tractor say outside for even a year, I'd pull the rear diff cover and clean the inside of the rearend housing out. If you want to pull the axles you need to remove the c-clip retainers inside the diff carrier anyhow. I'd replace the oil seals on the axle ends of you remove the axle shafts. And if you remove the axle carriers, there's gaskets to replace between them and the diff housing.

PSA

Just because one of our new guys slips up and post in the wrong spot, doesn't me it's ok to continue the OFF TOPIC crap on the main forum board!

Let's just nudge them over to the CCC/MTD section or where ever that stuff belongs, Please and Thank You!

Did Gordon's post get moved or deleted?

Gordon, I'm glad you like your new tractor more than your other off topic ones!!! The diesel 1772 is probably best discussed on the MTD board. Glad to see you post on the best Cub site out there.

Denny,

2 speed hydro...great......TA gear drive...great.......diff lock on all of them, boy wouldn't that be nice. 3 remotes.....I could find a use for them
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
(maybe a Vari-width semi-mount
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
)

YES it did, as will others along those lines in the future!

We have rules and unlike our so called leader of this great nation does, ours will be followed.

If everyone doesn't agree, say the word!

I HAVE A GREAT SOLUTION TO THE ISSUE.

Ran across another one of these gas tank/hood setups today while picking up a 125 parts tractor.
This hood and tank is exactly like a 1250 that I picked up a year ago which leads me to believe this must have been some kind of factory option of some sort.

Can any of you guys shed any light on this? The tank has the safety latch built into it and the tank itself is metal

Note the spark plug grommet

256820.jpg

256821.jpg

IH/ Cub Cadet would sometimes make a short series with special characteristics for commercial orders. Later these firms would often re-sell them to employees or at auction. Thus we find them at yard sales, etc.

Latest posts

Back