• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 05, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry, Frank.

To Quote Harry: "Frank - yes the 147 as well as all the other tractors in the 1x6/7 series (including the 73)requires that extra frame bracket in order to mount the cast iron lever for the 3-point sleeve hitch. None of the other NF require it." end quote.

The 73 Does Not need the extra frame bracket to install the 3 point hitch. The fender pan/deck used on the other models in the series is what requires the bracket because the fender pan blocks access to the rear of the frame. The 73 used the same basic low tunnel frame and round fenders as the other 7 hp NF models (70/100, 71, 72), and the 3 point casting attaches to the seat mount on those models. That seat mount is not present on the other models in the series that use the fender pan/deck.

Thank you John Boelens, I was thinking that based on my research, just wanted to be sure.

I always thought the International Cub Cadet models seventy-two and seventy-three were of rather rare models, because along with what Paul mentions, these two models had their own specific control towers, and were a limited platform,...but not always specific to production numbers. For comparison, you may look at the production run of the Cub Cadet, and the seventy/one-hundred series, which continued the same control tower over to the seventy-one model in the 1x2/3 series. Note how many of the QL series look like twins, the 82 series, ect. Just a {seemingly} valid point about the International Harvester Company' Cub Cadets.

Paul B - hey thanks for pointing that out. I sure thought the 73 retained the same frame as the other part of the series. Chalk another error up for me.

Frank - see, if you keep asking me questions sooner or later you'll get a wrong answer. Now I have to go to the bottom of the class and start learing again.

Bottom of the class, Harry? Not by my vote! You're HYDRO Harry, remember? and the 73 has a thingy down and forward of the seat and a clutch to change gears, not a simple f/r lever on the dash.
happy.gif

Howsomever, you helped make the point I was fumbling at getting across. We ALL are still learning. Anyone really serious about these "just a tractors" should be on the lookout for one of Hank Will's books.
If I may ramble on this finally above freezing morning, Hank tells a great story in one of the early Cadet Connection magazines about how a Cub Cadet brought him and his brother back together from years and a continent apart.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Joel - I think Charlie had a M&W 9 listed for sale some time ago for somewhere in the neighborhood of $3500.

JOHN B. - I seem to remember Charlie saying he had 3-4 M&W 9-spds for '61/'63 vintage CC's. The actual number built by M&W was something around 100.

Denny, the operative word in you post is "had" as I'm not sure any of them survived the fire.
sad.gif

Seat time yesterday was pulling the manure spreader around with a 129. Today is cub cave cleaning out from winters pack ratting. pictures of cub cadet cave to follow this evening.

Back