• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 03, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After rebuilding my K321 engine, installing & buttoning everything up, I see I have an oil leak. Nice! Remembering the slip fit of the front crankshaft seal O.D., I thought that was what it was. Even ordering a new seal. After removing the tin, muffler, & PTO, the leak appears to be the pan gasket. Reading the posts below, is this a problem on this engine?

Tom,
It was for sale here on the forum a few years ago. I think Bryan had it for sale??? I don't know. I bought it so fast I can't remember.
I just put it on last summer and haven't mowed with it yet. The pulleys don't line up for some reason. I think a P.O. has messed with it. I'll get it going some day.

Paul - dodged a bullet (thank you!) on the 7 hp. Spoke to the machine shop, nothing done yet. So, if I understand correctly, I can go with the standard 8 hp piston and use a 10 under 7 hp rod? I take it the 7 and 8 hp rods are the same? I'm curious how the get the longer stroke in the 8 hp models. Thank you again Paul and sorry for all the questions but just trying to get it right and not much engine experience.

Terry, if you have a 7HP crank you have to use the 7HP rod, the 8 horse has a longer stroke so it takes a shorter rod since the pistons in the 7 and 8 both have the same wrist pin height. I hope that helps.

Randy

Ok, parts ordered for k161 rebuild and hopefully good to go. Boring to 8 hp std and 10 under 7 hp rod. Thanks Paul and sorry for the confusion. Now I can relax for a few.

Terry,
The Kohler Master Parts Manual shows's the same part number for the piston assembly used in both the K161 with 2-15/16" bore and the K181.

Randy - definitely helps and thank you. I'm a slow learner!

256600.jpg

256601.jpg

1772 Diesel
- Cat 0
- Brinly tandem disc
- front weight bracket

Cub cadet 100
- Rear Brinly cultivator
- 3point lift
- creeper drive
- hydraulic lift
- fenders

Cub cadet 102
- rear 42inch Rototiller
- lights
- creeper drive
- rear lift
- Spring assist

cub cadet 122
- #2 cart
- rear lift
- creeper drive
- lights
- hydraulic lift

Cub cadet 100
- Rear PTO
- Rear Lift
- IH york rake
- hydraulic lift
- lights
- creeper drive
- fenders

Cub cadet original
- #1 cart
- rear lift
- original spring assist
- original brinly Gaurd-n-cart
- fenders

I cant wait to get these tractors out of the shed and show them off again! Its been a long time collecting these little tractors. A lot of time and busted knuckles went into these few. Now I can say that My Dad, My Brother and I have really got a collection to show off. There is a lot more in the cub shed but these are the ones that we take to shows for now!

greenthumb.gif
animatedihbear.gif

Harry / Wayne
It does pay to buy good quality tools to use. they save time and busted knuckles and spilled blood. not to mention blue air lol. I think if you work on Cub cadet tractors you will need these tools at some point.

shop day working on my 129 loader ; It has a no charge issue and I want to fix that .

256607.jpg

That is a nice lineup Troy.
I am looking forward to seeing your collection again.

Latest posts

Back