• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 13, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig: I went back and saw that he referred to a K-181! The K-181 does NOT use an oil bath air filter. Thus, as shown in TC-113, section A, page 3a, item # 30, his "L" shaped bracket is likely the one shown for the choke cable.

Myron B

Hey Charlie, sent e-mail to CC Specialties, been tryin to reach you....not sure if Im doing it right?!

Well, my shredder battle is nearly over! I reworked the mount today and replaced the receiver tubes wilt 2 new ones that are 1" longer than the original 4" tubes. I used 3/4" black pipe and honed the inside smooth to accept a 5" piece of 13/16" 0.125 wire gage compression spring from Theisens Farm Store. The spring, part #202U, is a 10" spring so I just cut it in half.
Welded a washer to the bottom of the tube and left the extra 1" hang below the mount. This kept the height the same as original for proper belt tension.

285490.jpg

The wimpy original spring is the lower one.

285491.jpg

Then I pinned a 2" piece of ,1"angle to each lower edge of the shredder body where it sits on the TEE, using the existing screen shaft.

285492.jpg

The extra stiff springs and longer receiver tube proved just right. I lubed the inside of the tubes and put it back together. Had to push fairly hard to compress the springs enough to get the belt on, and had to hold the TEE in alignment to the tubes with vise grips to get it entered in the tubes but once in place the springs pushed the body up tight on the belt and we were ready for action. The belt stayed good an tight on a test run w/a wagon full of twigs 'n sticks the wind had littered my yard with the past few days.
285493.jpg

All in all, I am pleased with the way it turned out and works. I'm sure it will get a lot of use around here as well as at my son's place. So, tomorrow its take apart and paint time plus bend up the guard thanks to the spec's provided by Doug. A big thanks to him for sure.

285494.jpg

instead of cub plow days David can have cub shredder days

very nice work

Couple questions: (1) did any Originals come from the factory with the tube dipstick and (2) anyone know when IH discontinued the oil bath air cleaner. Thanks

Jeff Baker,

So do I!!!! .....and that's usually WOT/WOH on the long stretches as well!!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

A few 59M shots from 2000 and 2003

285496.jpg

285497.jpg

285498.jpg

Terry not sure about your first question, but I have read and seen on this forum where some of there early 70's come with oil bath, so I'm thinking 63ish, just my 2 cents

Tip for those with the 59M..... If you clog 'em with wet leaves, a small block of 2x4 (an inch or so in length) dropped in the chute always cleared mine (I had the Amerind-McKissic standalone version of the same unit). Worked well, but stand back a little ways when you do it .... Those shredders are one of the toughest machines I ever saw..

Back