• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 02, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Mike Frade Harry , Denny

Well belt drives have more parts but are as strong as they need to be. Higher HP and the drive shaft IH used in the 10,12,14,16 work ok also. But a CV drive shaft for some applications can`t be beat . I have ripped up to many stock drive shafts to not be happy with my CV drive shaft. No issues after a few years of hard use .

Don T., I wasn't even referring to a tractor! Just in general practice, fewer parts will equal fewer failure points.

And fwiw, I liked your CV & shaft combo. Thanks for your input.

Gee Wizz Mike...what did you do to the Forum ? ?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Spring must be starting because noooobody is inside typing on the computer...
rtfm.gif

Sorry! been busier than a one legged man in a kicking contest... The spring cleaning fever has begun - last Saturday brought home a 72 for the oldest daughter (that will be painted Steiger green.. since my youngest got her purple 107) and then in the afternoon brought home another 72, a 102, a 107 (turned out to be a 127) and then also a 1000 cub. all need something done to them, but got all of them running this week! Then hauled home a #2 cart Monday night (that I owned once before).. then hauled home a 1450 for my buddy - now Saturday morning have to go look at 2 122's and a 149. all I can tell in the pics is that the 122s are "parts tractors" the guy says.. but there's a creeper on one, and rear lift, and rear pto! other one has headlights. they used the rear casting of a 122 and mounted on the back of a 149... has hydraulic lift... so hopefully I come home with all 3. will post pics if I do!

John Boelens
There must be some lot of Cubs down your way ? You are getting quite a collection . Sound like the prices of cubs must me a lot cheaper than here. I wish I could paint and weld but painting is not a strong suit for me .

Don- definitely had a good week. im sure some of them will rotate so I can get more goodies... sometimes they work better for trade power than cash does! I'll locate a clutch for the 1000 and send her on along - it just doesn't fit in with my narrow frames!

Would love to see some pics john, happy cubing, it's usually cheaper to buy whole tractors than buy parts, for me I just have such a hard time scraping any,

A little aerating with the 1650..

285139.jpg

Aerating tracks....

285140.jpg

I use a 1-7/8 ball hitch on the aerator. Makes life easier when you have a yard with ditches, dips, etc. The hitch point isn't restricted as much as with a clevis and pin.

285141.jpg

David S., it should bolt right up with no problems.
thumbsup.gif

David S - as Kraig said, should bolt right in. One thing to consider is while you got the engine out, swap out the oil pan - if aluminum for a cast iron one (what I have done) and have a look-see while the oil pan is off and remove the balance gears if the engine has them.

David,

You will have to move your coil to a higher position to clear the frame. Do you have the engine tin from the 109?

Good point Bill.

John you lucky dog, I see your place of employment has it perks

John Boelens

As Jeff said , I see , it is all clear to me also. What a Haul !!!
yikes.gif

Lew

The 109 has no engine or engine parts and I'm not sure what all is left as I haven't seen it other than a picture.

Will know more on Sunday and make a decision then.

Thanks Guys

So, I was reading a few pages back and one member said that the front wheel rim back-spacing was different between the narrow frame and wide frame tractors? Will one NOT work on the other? I have a 102 with the wide rims and before I try to swap them with a set of narrow rims on a 129, I'd like to know if there'll be some/any issues.

Latest posts

Back