• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Truckin' and Trailerin' our Cub Cadets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim
I'm not a Ford person, or a hydraulic expert, but is it possible the lines are crossed? Just a guess.

Paul/Jim: Wouldn't that be something! A friend had a diesel given to him that had set for some time because it wouldn't run. He switched the feed line with the return line and drove away with it. Will we ever learn to Keep It Simple?
happy.gif

Paul.
That is not possible on this. The return line is held on with a clamp while the pressure is swivel nut.

That way it will be available for government hand outs? Not happening. LOL

I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!
Took the steering gear off the frame stood it straight up so the inlets was @ the top of gear box started the truck and turned it buy hand now it works fine. Thanks Jim

Had to do a little repair on the trailer tonight to get ready for PD. The fold down portion of the ramp was put in with square drive wood screws going into 3/4 inch osb. Now obviously the screws don't go all the way through the osb so after a season of using the trailer the screws pulled right out. So for this afternoons project was to figure out how to get some bolts in it that would still allow it to fold back up as well as clear when it is open. I had to modify my approach as I went due to getting smarter as the project went on.
err.gif
Take a look.

303231.jpg

Used T-nuts in the center

303232.jpg

An over all improvement I'd say. Is it time to plow yet? LOL!
303233.jpg

A couple pumps of grease on each door hinge, a little oil for the torsion springs and we'll be about ready for a bearing packing party, brake inspection and tire rotation.

A little suspension upgrade for my Cub hauler. The ole factory shocks had seen the day so it was time for an upgrade. I've always wanted a set of Bilstein shocks, the 5100 series looks nice in the brushed nickle finish and they make the truck handle great!

303289.jpg

303290.jpg

303291.jpg

Brian,

You will really like the Bilsteins, they are worth the money. I put a set on my Diesel Excursion a few years ago after the City of Indianapolis broke my drivers side front factory shock.......

I have the 4600 Series (Yellow Body with Blue Boot) and they were a really nice improvement.

Nice work on the trailer. Dad is doing some refurbishing of my little 4x8 flatbed Cub Hauler trailer.... the floor finally rotted out, so it's getting a new floor (5/4 Deck Boards instead of the original plywood) a paint job and new lights.....

Thanks Scott,

My Dad had a set of 4600's on a half ton and was very happy so I'm hoping for good results with these.

The tail piece on the gate has been broke for most of the last year and it makes it a pain getting tractors out so it was time for a repair. I need to get some painting done too, I don't want the moisture getting to the plywood in mine if I can help it. Good summer project.

I got tired of dealing with narrow ramps and the zero turn, but didn't want to give up my 5' long ramps, or have a huge gate on the back sticking up like a sail.

Ended up making a custom split folding ramp 30" high by 40" wide x 2!

303437.jpg

303438.jpg

303439.jpg

2" square side rails, 2" x 3/16" angle hinge rails, and 2" x 1/8" angle centers.

I HATE expanded metal, so the tread surface in 1/2" re-bar on 3" centers. open enough to encourage air flow, but close enough to make for a nice surface (re-bar pattern makes for good traction too).

2ea. helper springs per gate and cane latches make for pretty easy lifting and easy storage.

If I take off the gate, the 1" round bar hinge pins will act as ramp hangers (for the heavier loads).

Painted them black this weekend and added some DOT striping.....

303440.jpg

Steve B. Great idea!!! I wish that they made trailer ramps like that from the factory.
greenthumb.gif

Steve,
That is a definite piece of work.
That will be very handy.
I love my bi-fold ramp and the double is a definite step up!

Rick,

I stole a lot from the PJ design, even used their assist springs and latch kit.

Based on your comments, I wanted to split it, and doubling up on the springs made them much easier to handle, even after making the gates heavier with re-bar decking.

BTW, it would be pretty easy to add a 3rd or 4th spring to your factory gate to lighten it up some if necessary.

Marlin,

PJ Trailers offers a full width expanded metal version as an option....Rick has one on his trailer that served as an idea source for mine.

After several years of searching I finally found a replacement for my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo. I've been searching for a low mileage 4wd Rodeo with a 5 speed transmission. The one I found is also a 2001 but it is in nearly perfect condition and has only 76K miles vs my *old* one that is getting quite rusty and has 195K miles on it. The *new* one also is a higher trim level so it has power windows and door locks and a bunch of other extras.
bouncy.gif
I need to install a receiver hitch and trailer lights before I haul any Cub Cadets with it though. Sad part is I'm going to miss my *old* Rodeo, it's been a good vehicle. I hope the *new* one is as dependable.

304973.jpg

304974.jpg

Vince, yep, the fact that it was white was a nice bonus.
happy.gif
The interior colors on both are the same as well, gray.

Latest posts

Back