• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Truckin' and Trailerin' our Cub Cadets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin.. Thanks! I'll get a couple more pics. Atleast one of the inside.

So they won't rent there trailer to me any more huh, no problem. Finally got tired of renting U-Haul and another place I used to rent from. Just picked up our new customized 20' Atlas; 5200 lb torqflex axles, 12" on center floors and led lighting and 16" 10ply tires. This will be my main Cub storage/garage from now on, hope to put in e-track in the future and some sort of floor covering. This has been a long time ah comin' and I couldn't be happier just wish it had been ready for plow day. Been working on a plan to organize the space, install shelving and find a place for all my implements.

291889.jpg

291890.jpg

Brian B--that thing is awesome
drool.gif
. Someday I hope to get something like that. Please keep us updated on what you do with the inside! Now you'll be driving all over to go to plow days! A shop away from home, does it get any better?
greenthumb.gif

Brian, wow, that is a very nice trailer! I think I need one...

Thanks guys. I've just gotten tired of my current cub storage area raining all over every thing. Wish it would have happened a little earlier in the year so there would be more time to customize.

Brian, Looks great!! I have one almost like that. Be carefull with the tailgate on yer pick up though, it will hit the jack!!

I darn near found that out the hard way!! Gonna relocate mine before I DO find out!!!

Dang Brian, you are rolling first class.
That is going to look great hitched up to that trailer!

What year is the DMax? '05? Miles?
I have an '07 Classic LBZ, absolutely love it.

I have a laundry list of good modifications for that truck for mileage/power/ durability.
The TOP one being the transfer case pump-rub fix.
All years of these trucks have a problem with the transfer case pump rubbing through the case.
Merchant Auto. has a low cost kit to fix this...but you do have to drop the T-case.

I absolutely recommend doing this. My truck was low mileage and never towed heavy, but I tore into it anyway.
It was worn nearly through the case and the steel wear guide was in my magnetic pick up. My truck would not have made it another summer of camper towing.
It wears through on the top side so the fluid is lost while you drive, and often does not leave a puddle in the driveway = no warning.
If the fluid is gone, the T-case can lock up and goodbye driveshaft. Pretty dangerous if your towing.
If you have any questions fire away or E-mail.
I spend more time on the Duramax Forum than here!

Thanks Rick,

It's an 05 with 165,000. Ditto on the pump rub, had to do that to my 2003 DMax. Bought the last kit from Eric Merchant, there products are first class.

buttrock.gif

Glad to hear you are up on that!
That's a good replacement for your Ferd.
My last truck was an '97 F350, Loved that truck too.
#2 Mod on my list is the Cognito steering brace kit. Gets rid of a lot of bump steer and saves tires.

I updated utility trailers today. 13 years of Cub hauling had the old 72"x10' rig worn out.
This one is a PJ Trailer 83" x 12" with a dovetail and side load ramps. I have a bi-fold rear gate on order.
Not much of a workout for the DMax.
296334.jpg

296335.jpg

The OTHER trailer on the other hand is a bit more of a load!
296336.jpg

Well after a very long summer of not driving the Dmax it is finally back home with 'properly' resurfaced heads, gaskets, push rods, glow plugs, water pump and ARP head stud kit.

The odd intake side noise and turbo bark I kept hearing was an improperly installed head gasket. Some moron forgot to put the alignment dowel back into the head which allows the head gasket and head to slide down ever so slightly, that does all sorts of cool things like plug off oil passages and ruin push rods. The mechanic suspected that they had reused the 'stretch to yield' head bolts and never bothered to check the heads for warping.

Long story short the small town car dealer(who I highly recommend) stood behind the truck and paid to have it fixed. I added the water pump and ARP head studs so as to avoid ever doing this again. The mechanic just dropped it off yesterday after doing the final valve lash adjustment and it sounds fantastic! Can't wait to put some miles on it with the trailer.

I'm certainly not a diesel expert but I know when I'm out of my league and call in the experts. Who ever pulled this hillbilly job needs to sell there tools quickly and find a new job.

Time for a road trip!
That's awesome that they stood behind it, none of that is fun or cheap work.
Good call on the head studs....good insurance. You should be good for 200k of Cub hauling.
Shift.gif

Need a old ford service mans help. I am completely rebuilding a 78 f150 4x4. There are two things that are driving me nuts! First off is where can I find a wiring diagram for just the dome light? I want one that shows every connector, plug, junction from the fuse box to the light bulb. with the color of wire and how many there should be. I have tried to find it threw the web but like always I cant find anything.
2nd problem I have is trying to get the power steering to work, I put a new pump and lines on. It turns a little better to the right than the left. But if you jack it up it seems to work fine. Put it on the ground and nothing. well just a surge of power when turning right. Thanks Jim

Jim- Sounds like you have air in the lines. Jack the front end up and with it running, turn it lock to lock a couple of times. Look in the reservoir for air bubbles or foam. Shut it off and let it settle a bit. Check the level and repeat the lock to lock until bubbles or foam disappear.

Rick,

PJ makes a GREAT trailer.......I love mine!!!! Let me know what you think of the bi-fold ramp....

I have got the dome lights working like they should. But can not get it to steer. I have tried everything I can thinks of. I have turned the wheel lock to lock so much and still getting air. Thanks for the ideas though. Jim

<font size="-2">I really hate to ask dumb questions...but you know for sure there is enough fluid in the pump reservoir ??</font>

yes. I have even over filled to see if that helps. and it didn't.

Latest posts

Back