• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Truckin' and Trailerin' our Cub Cadets

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
William B.
I like those fenders!
thumbsup.gif

Those are neat fenders,
Charlie unsterch it please

William, nice trailer! I like the use of the Cub Cadet fenders.
greenthumb.gif

Thanks for the comments on the fenders. Marty made the supports strong enough to use them as steps. I think I will either put dual tires on the trailer or else wide tires, for better look.

Nice fenders! Good looking Cub hauler!!!

(one word of caution....hauling them backwards is a good way to fold up a hood....if you must haul backwards, tie those hoods and seats down
happy.gif
)

William B. Nice addition and I totally agree with Steve B. and Tom H. I never haul a tractor backwards unless that hood is totally secured.
happy.gif

I needed a trailer to haul my tractors and ATV.My neighbor had this for sale for $200.00 so I bought it. Now to make a trailer out of it.New wiring and lights and so something to the deck .It is a good start ; around here they want $800.00 for just a flat deck with lights.

253623.jpg

Don-

I see nothing wrong with that trailer as is. If the bed is in good shape and will take the weight I'd get a set of dedicated ramps and you have a nice little one tractor hauler. It doesn't look like it tilts hence the ramps. The sides are nice for keeping things in while traveling. If it doesn't have tie-downs I'd install a few of those and use it.

It's probably different where you are but down here a lot of people don't even license their trailers. They don't have to have lights by law either (yet).

Nice find!

I wish it was like that in Illinios for trailers, we have to have lights,title, and license plates with a new sticker every year.
angry.gif

Wayne Shytle
for the cash I thought it was a good deal. I have some led lights I will add for tail lights and I do have a number plate light and wiring here already.The deck is just thin boards and will need to be replaced.But for a few dollars yet I can make a decent cub trailer. I have ramps that will slide under it. I need to find a spare wheel and a tongue jack and I will be ready to use it this spring.

jeff l baker
Here a trailer needs to have yellow side lights near the front or the wides point on the side ( fenders must be lighted if they are wider than the trailer with both red and yellow and red side lights at the rear along with a white number plate light . Brake and signal . It must be inspected every year at $15.00 and the registration every December is $41.46 for 1300 kg (1300 x 2.205 for lbs) It also must have safety chains crossed under the tongue and must have electric brakes if registered over 3500 lbs. And no trailers with wooden frames are allowed to be registered , a change they made this year.
bash.gif

I know we're way behind times down here in the south. I have seen trailers carrying heavy equipment with no tags. I have been all over NC with my little hauler trailer and it doesn't have tags or lights. As a matter of fact I'm planning a short 2 hour trip this weekend if the phone negotiations go my way. I think the trailer actually requires tags and lights it's just that the law enforcement is a little slack in that area. I do know that if you make a homemade trailer and go to license it the tongue and axle have to have a given serial number welded on and it has to be inspected by a highway patrolman. You can't use mobile home axles any more either. Those are just for homes of the southerner. We have to keep them road ready.

I just couldn't take it any longer not having a 4x4. I bought my Chrysler 300 in October, and have been second guessing that decision since day one. Don't get me wrong, the 300 was a sweet car.
I traded it off today for this 2012 Jeep Libery. OK, not a truck, but it will pull a trailer (and no, wasn't ever going to install a hitch on the 300) Now i'm actually looking forward to the next snow storm!
254041.jpg

Here is my 2013 Ford F-150. My new Cub hauler!! Took this picture coming home from PA with an Original.
254405.jpg

Martin: Judging from your profile you should have said "another original". You're getting a pretty impressive herd!
happy.gif

Jeff: Jeeps are good! Trailer hitches are necessities! I need one for the PT Cruiser!
happy.gif

Remember the 45 John Deere combine I'm getting? Well, me and the scrap yard owner have become good friends.. He just had to show me the 1950 Chevy 4400 grain truck that came across the scales.. Didn't have a camera on me at the time or I woulda snapped some pics.. This one is of a 1949 model I found on google for visual reference.
259086.jpg

I told him that if it hadn't sold by the time I got my combine all ayed off, I'd take the truck too..

Possible empty enclosed trailer returning from Carlisle PA July 15th back to Iowa can run I-70, US 30 or I-80 across OH,IN if need be.
2nd possibility 20' open flatbed car hauler, same route. Which trailer I take depends on how much stuff I am taking to Carlisle, so may have room going out also.
Leaving eastern Iowa July 10 early AM

Dave Schwandt

Looking for advice. Ran across a '91 Ford 450 7.3l (non-turbo) dually today with 90k original miles. Good rubber, faded paint and stake bed. Drove it and seemed solid. Son-in-law says it no count w/o a turbo so forget it. Says they're all noise and no go. Anyone have any REAL experience with one and any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks

Latest posts

Back