• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Still having trouble

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Payne

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Insane Payne
Still having trouble mounting my QA36A snow blower to my '72 cub 108, i've tried blocks & cum-a-long to raise snow blower gear box to line up mounts,but as soon as i get within 3" of the mounts to line up the quick relese bar is jammed up against the frame.....if i pull the blower away from the tractor the quick relese hits the blower pulley......NOTE: Ihave the blower adjustment pulley all the way loose (up)

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 0
Still having trouble mounting my QA36A snow blower to my '72 cub 108, i've tried blocks & cum-a-long to raise snow blower gear box to line up mounts,but as soon as i get within 3" of the mounts to line up the quick relese bar is jammed up against the frame.....if i pull the blower away from the tractor the quick relese hits the blower pulley......NOTE: Ihave the blower adjustment pulley all the way loose (up)
Tilt yer head the other after ya read the manual. 👍

http://ccmanuals.info/pdf/QA 36A & 42A Snowthrower Operators Manual.pdf

I think you need to have the pulley at the lowest position for the QA lever to clear the pulley.
What Bruce said. If the pulley is at the highest position, it prevents the latch from allowing the pins to engage. In other words, it keeps the latch in the locked position. I ran into this the first time I mounted my blower.

What Bruce said. If the pulley is at the highest position, it prevents the latch from allowing the pins to engage. In other words, it keeps the latch in the locked position. I ran into this the first time I mounted my blower.
Yeah, I've had the same issue. All the way tight to install thrower, all the way loose to install belt, tighten to use.

I don't understand this post at all. In all the years I've owned my 149 with a QA42A thrower and a 123 with a QA42 thrower before the 149, I've never encountered this problem. It's a little difficult to get to get everything to line up so the latch locks but never any pulley interference. In the Spring I loosen the belt to remove it and then slide off the gear box part of the mount. In the Fall it all just slides back on after wrestling with mounting points alignment but, never any issues with the pulley. Either I'm misunderstanding this post or there are some modifications to the mounting points, wrong pulley or who knows what. the pictures posted are useless. Take a picture, if possible, of the mounting attempt. Is it possible someone installed a larger pulley for some unknown reason?

On my thrower the latch will hit on the shaft we’re the pulley is attached and prevent the pins from sliding all the way back unless I let the pulley down lower. May be that I’m using a shorter belt so the pulley is higher when the belt is tight?

On my thrower the latch will hit on the shaft we’re the pulley is attached and prevent the pins from sliding all the way back unless I let the pulley down lower. May be that I’m using a shorter belt so the pulley is higher when the belt is tight?
I've never had this problem and can't imagine what is making this happen, pictures please. I only loosen the belt tensioner enough to get the belt off and as I stated before, no problems with removing or reinstalling the mount. It seems like a simple fix to adjust the pulley down further. I would have done that without any concerns.

OK, out of pure curiosity, I clicked on "digger's" link and found that reading the instructions pretty much explains how to avoid this problem. Page 13, last paragraph of the Detaching instructions. Also study the illustrations on page 14. I may have read these same intructions decades ago and done it the correct way ever since.

Latest posts

Back