Signs of Spring

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The canadian geese have arrived here in so'eastern Mass already. Our usual couple pair have moved back into the pond and I guess they'll have little ones running around soon enough.

Yep! springs acomin'

We're having thunder storms at 3am this morning, so it will wash away a LOT of the snow..HOORAY.! The kids were out playing on the three season porch and it cracked thunder and lighting struck and Annie came bolting into the house at record speed and looked at me like OMG..do something MOM!! lol..was to funny. scared the little punpkins out of her. guesss she forgot already what spring storms sound like. time to reacclumate ourselves to spring storms. That's ok..I'll take that over snow anyday.

angel.gif
Cathleen

Same moose, different day, LOL
It's amazing what 4 days can make when you live in the freakin tundra!
It's gettin deeper by the minute up here! 47" at the moose as of 10 minutes ago.
255190.jpg

Charlie,
1a_violin.gif

Some guys have all the luck.
My poor cubs didn't get to play in ANY snow this year. We had about 3 inches one time, but by the time I got home from work, most of it had melted.
It's so warm here, I had to let the wood stove go out.

Charlie,

It rained like crazy last night and this morning. Looks like i'm gonna have to mow the grass Saturday!
a_blink2.gif

so yesterday I saw these waking up and coming out.
Now it just started to snow again.

Jerry H, hope you did not remove your snow gear yet

255854.jpg

This is just starting here and Jef, I have those bugs here by the millions. What are they?

255857.jpg

Keith they are boxelder bugs , not harmful but tend to smell a bit when smashed, I have found water with dish soap mixed in seems kill them when sprayed.

yep driveway is turning white here also

Jeff
No worries here, have two cubs and a compact tractor ready to go. According to my calendar I don't have to leave the place til April 4 so it will have melted by then. Go figure!
snacks.gif

we have boxelder bugs in the house all winter. we don't kill them. They don't do anything, but they do seem to be sociable little critters. they seem to like to hang out where we are..they seem to come to life if they hear life around them. Honestly. Annie loves to watch them, but she won't kill them. Hannah and Tootsie also enjoy watching them wander about, so a little wintertime entertainment for them. lol. Soon, the few that are in the house, we'll put outside when it warms up. Crazy I know, not killing bugs, but why? they dont harm anything.?

Ohhh, its SNOWING here again today. Geez. My daffodils though have sprouted up out of the earth though...good sign, right? lol
cathleen

Yep! Here's your freakin signs of spring!
Out the back door,
255860.jpg

The sun came out yesterday and settled the snow about 6". That bird feeder area 48" tall.
255861.jpg

Just a little snow next to the building out front,
255862.jpg

And still deep at the edge of the parking lot, where that windrow of snow is 9' tall, LOL
255863.jpg

Charlie, something tells me you missed part of the 'Scouting Report' on that area before you moved in ! I suspect you had some idea of the area weather there, just not the magnatude thats dropped on you lately.

Allen S.
Notice the steps in the snow!
It's easier to make step ups than it is to shovel that crap out to the bird feeders!
It's one of those, Gotta get closer to the wife's dad before he kicks the bucket things.
Soooooo, here we set waist deep in snow until the end of April or the 15th of May!

I was thinking the other day about Minnesotans and Easter. I had this image pop into my head about parents going out in the yard and making little holes in the snow banks to stuff eggs into, LOL

You guys can "play" in the snow all you like, I'm ready for rototillin' and sod bustin' season. The Mountain Dew goes down better when it's warm.

Yep it,s spring time in Northern Ill and this just kinda feels normal.

sun and mud one day and snow the next
bash.gif

255879.jpg

255880.jpg

Yep it is Spring here, got my first rattle snake of the season Saturday - out sunning at one of the barns, today is is 32 degrees, yep it is spring. Rodney

I really need to get a snow thrower for next year. I'm the only IH guy in the neighborhood and it was too deep for my equipment.

255901.jpg

255902.jpg

255903.jpg

255904.jpg

255905.jpg

15 inches of wet heavy snow according to my ruler here. Plus drifts on the driveway. Glad my cousin across the street has a four wheel drive tractor. Even if it is the wrong color.

Latest posts

Back