• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sheds and Shops

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KRAIG - That guys has more money in his Snap-On tool chest empty than my 24X36 shop cost sitting on my lot complete with the concrete floor!

Maybe even including my wiring, insulation, and dry-wall/paneling.

TOM - I may know of a Chevy II 2-door coupe that could be bought. It's 2150 IH red, tube frame, 9" Ford rearend. Current engine is around 545 CID BBC. Think it's a Turbo 400 trans. May be a bit hard to crawl in through the roll cage. Runs low 9 second quarters and can go faster with some suspension tuning.

Here is the new toolbox and the vice I just got done restoring.

266481.jpg

266482.jpg

Looking really good Lucas,,, but that sticker on the bottom draw of the top box is UGLY...

Lucas,
Great shop! Like it alot.

Kraig, that's insaine!!! I am amazed at what that shop looks like now and back then. Cool with the same old welder and many other things from the original shop. 48 TONS of STEEL!!?? OMG!

jawdrop.gif

Mike, keep reading, I believe he's up to over 59tons of steel he's sent to recycling. I'm at page 300 (of currently 383) and he's still sorting through stuff...

Lucas, looking good!
thumbsup.gif

Soooo...

Time for the shed to expand to the right side....

Already added a 6' lean-to with 5'-6" door on the left side...

319786.jpg

319787.jpg

This spring and summer it gets 10' more on the right side, with a 7' door....

319788.jpg

Room for more custom implements
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Ooohhh that’s a nice barn.i wish I’ve drawn up some napkin plans of adding on to the side of my hen house to incorporate added tractor/implement storage

Steve

Remember, sheds, garage's and trailers are always too short/, doesn't make any difference what size they are......
1a_scratchhead.gif

Bought the house with one (10x18)....built the one in the pics 12x20....added on 6x20 lean-to, now adding another 10x20 lean-to on the other side.......

Don't I know it!

I just moved into a "new to me" house two weeks ago and my dream garage is finally getting built. It's amazing how fast these guys can work. This is what can happen in just 1 day. They are pouring concrete today and should be ready for electric tonight. (now I got to get on that electrician) LOL
325191.jpg

325192.jpg

Trying to sort of match the other barns. Some of you can recognize this barn.
325195.jpg

I need advise on a heater. I would like to use radiant heat because of my classic car and Harleys. Has anyone used this style that is mounted to the ceiling? The garage is a 30'X50'.
325206.jpg

SHULTZIE- You missed your chance at the best heating method when the concrete was poured. Hot water floor heat!

A Big Time Farmer a couple hundred miles south and west of you that I have complete confidence in his opinion has two hanging radiant tube heaters in his BIG farm shop about twice the size of what your building. He has Big 4 wheel drive tractors, huge combines, sprayers, planters, and a couple semi's to work on, and He's satisfied.

25 years ago when I built my 24x36 shop I should have kicked the contractor to the curb when he wouldn't put in in-floor heat, but there's more to that story. Best thing I did was to finish the inside, 4 inches of insulation in the walls, plus a 3/16" thk foil covered fiberglass barrier, and 6 inches of fiberglass bats in the ceiling. My 100,000 BTU heater only runs maybe an hour, maybe 1-1/2 hour a day to keep it warm if I keep the doors shut, without insulation the heater ran an hour for every 2 hours I was in the shop.
Next shop will be bigger, would put a 12x24 extension on if we were staying here longer, make it 24x48.

I have a radiant tube heater in my 48x56 shop and I love it. This is my 6th winter with it and I've had zero trouble with it. It operates quiet, efficient and the it keeps the shop at whatever temp I want. Does your shop have a 12' high ceiling? That might be your only issue, they hang down a foot or two off the ceiling and you can't have anything within 2' of them all directions. They get hot directly under the area the heat radiates from.

Latest posts

Back