• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sheds and Shops

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David ,welding matts are a must,if your at the machine a long time ,how ever hot chips burn into matts ,and are hard to get out ,hope this helps .

David,
That's the welding table in the background.
It will probably stay where its at as my engine fixture bolts to it.

So, you are saying I should also have a mat around the mill as well??

David S,now some matts for the new mill.,i could use a mill about now .i,m replaceing the stock on a old cap and ball gun .and a lot of mill work needs to be done

Just a thought David but, I'd probably leave the welding area plain concrete. It'll be easy to clean and safer imho than having sparks landing in/on anything remotely flammable.

Installed a new window A/C unit in the shop today.
8,000 BTU
Shopko had 'em on sale for 1/2 price.

325683.jpg

David, I did my own epoxy coat about 10 years ago with a product from Wolverine.
https://www.wolverinecoatings.com/
It has held up pretty well but it will show every imperfection in your concrete. I have never ever had anything that will stick to it or stain it.

I would find out what he is using and what the solid content is. If it is anything from the big box stores, it is pure garbage!

Shot blasting is pretty scary stuff. I diamond ground my floor to a nice smooth finish.....then I read the directions for the Wolverine product and they want your floor like 80 grit sandpaper. I ended up using muriatic acid on it and I'm happy 10 years later.

I would check in over here and see what these people have to say about the latest and greatest on epoxy coating.
https://www.garagejournal.com/

My new shop will most likely not get coated because of welding, cutting, grinding and dragging stuff over it.

Good luck and post some pics.

I've got some electrical in, like most of the outlets work. Guy is supposed to finish up yesterday but never showed. Hopefully he shows up today and I'll have lights.
I got the railing on the loft area last night. I think it looks good.
happy.gif

325700.jpg

Hey, look guys, I finally got lights.
buttrock.gif
Now comes the part I dread. Painting the inside.
a_weep.gif

325756.jpg

325757.jpg

Shultzie, what are the dimensions of your new building? I'm guessing 30 x 50 x 14?

Kraig,
Yes, that is correct. Plus the 8 foot <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> on front.

1a_scratchhead.gif
Well that's weird. Why can't you spell <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font> on here?
1a_scratchhead.gif

That thingy on the front of the garage where I can sit under and stay out of the rain. Geez.
aaaa_tongue2.gif

The floor guy came today.
Here's before and in process pic'
Carolyn snapped these as I was on a run.
I added more insulation below the work bench.
Will probably install the hose reel to the left of the vise beside the outlet..
Have yet to hang outlets on the left wall as well as run the air out the stub wall by the door into the main bay.

325944.jpg

325945.jpg

Shultzie, wow, good guess.
happy.gif
happy.gif
I have run into that word not working here before, not sure why...

I can tellya why.
There's a company out there that sells wiring harnesses that has a BITCH for a co-owner and I refuse to give them any page time on our forum!

I'll see if I can modify the filter to use the one one word and not both.

Latest posts

Back