• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sheds and Shops

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking shops guys! Richard T. If I had a shop that big, I'd be in HEAVEN! Cubs certainly look GREAT in a shop, especially the heated ones this time of year!
beerchug.gif

All of these killer shops make me sick and yes I'm jealous...like you wouldn't believe. The ceiling in my shop turns colors and sheds leaves in the fall. I have to have a collection of different size magnets to find dropped bolts, etc. on my shop floor. I would post a pic but all you need to do is look out the window at any tree.

Wonderful work areas guys!

Wayne,
roflol.gif
I feel your pain. When I refurbished my Original over half the work was done outside. I have a 10x18 shed/shop. There's no room in it to do any work.
rolleyes.gif
I also have a magnet on a stick. Looks like a hockey puck on the end of a putter. It does work pretty good for finding dropped nuts and bolts.

I don't have a workshop indoors either - though I'm working on it.

But - years ago, I had a piece of plexiglass off an old desk top and used it to lay on - on my gravel driveway to change oil in my cars. The plexiglass slides across the gravel like rollers on concrete.

Well almost...
coffee.gif

greenthumb.gif

Here are two of my helpers for dropped bolts in my gravel work shop floor
250086.jpg

Now on to my floor,
To help the gravel issue I layed large pieces of cardboard down.
This helps in many ways; finding dropped things, comfort when laying down or kneeling, identifying fluid leaks, sliding or moving things, looks, and somehow it makes me feel warmer (probaly my imagination)

250087.jpg

250088.jpg

250089.jpg

Had to build this to get stuff out of my workshop.
250190.jpg

Cleaned out workshop
250191.jpg

250192.jpg

250193.jpg

I may have a cardboard covered gravel floor but, I do have this to keep me warm

250211.jpg

Man Jeff, That's gives a whole new meaninng to C C Specialties!!!

Custom by CobbleCraft!!!

Don't know what any of you guys did, but before I poured my floor I laid down 1.5" foam. Sure keeps thins a little more comfy when Ya gotta get DOWN and dirty. Keeps it from sweating in the cool damp weather temp changes in the spring also.

Dave S.

David I am definently a "Cobble Crafter" and proud of it
err.gif

I was board and was tired of flipping thru my notes, I had a few extra dry erase boards so I scribbnled these for my wall

250484.jpg

250485.jpg

250486.jpg

Jeff-
That's a great idea. Really neat.

Lucas-
Those are lists of serial numbers...

Look at the bottom pic Jeff posted. "72, 73, and 74" represent years 1972-74, and the months of the year are in the left hand column. If you look at Jeff's tag-line below his post, you'll see why he's interested in those years.
happy.gif

Jeff B.
You really need to upgrade!
Lay some carpet over that cardboard, My Cubs really liked it.
250563.jpg

Besides! It saves buying oil dry. LOL

Art was correct on all three points

Charlie your spoiling those cubs by letting them have carpet to sit on..

Jeff: Love the CobbleCraft! And cardboard IS an insulator --it traps the air between your body and the ground.

Bill: I use a section of old conveyor belt to keep the grass stains and dampness down.

Here's a couple of pics,packing the ground for the new shop and the foundation for the new house.We have 1.33 acres in town.
Might have to wait now until the frost is gone to pour the shop.It is going to be 24x42 with a 10 foot overhang on the gable end over the garage door.
I'll keep the updates coming as it progresses.

251598.jpg

251599.jpg

Dave are those the inter-locking foam block that you fill with cement? We built our former Chuch that way and it was easy and fun putting them up.

Yes Jeff,
It is an ICF foundation- Insulated concrete form-
Alot of people around here go right to the eaves but the cost is quite significant.Also not fun to wire - I'll be wiring it!
happy.gif

I helped with the installation of the block.Laying the block is the easy part.There is a pile of rebar in there,a row of 5/8" every course and verticals every 16" on the final course.

Here's a couple more pics of the inside of the block.

251605.jpg

251606.jpg

The TV show 'This Old House' built a house, or at least the foundation for a place with that setup a couple years ago. Interesting concept and fun to watch being built.

I have done 2 small foundations with that product.
The company I sub for wanted to try it out.
Did not go together easy as the walls were on 30° angles.12 sided
CMU 's work a lot better.

Keep us posted on your project.

Dave C - I used similar foundation forms on my house addition. How will you finish the exterior part that sticks above the ground? The contractor that did mine used parchment (sp?) and I'm not sure I like the results.

Latest posts

Back