• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Sheds and Shops

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig:
When are we gonna start the "Kraig's Barn Crusade" ??
construction.gif

I'm thinking we could start with a letter writing campaign (hey, what's your wife's e-mail address???), ramp it up with some dinnertime phone calls to her from one of those phone banks, and maybe work on one of those funny internet viral video thingies telling how you were hornswoggled out of your barn project..........

<font face="times new roman,times,roman"><font size="-2">geez, I hope she never reads the forum..... heh heh heh </font></font>

icon_eek.gif
AFAIK, she never reads the forum. Um,
1a_scratchhead.gif
I forget what her email address is. Phone, what phone?
dunno.gif

How about if everyone just mails me some cash...
whistling.gif

Here is my cubatorium,

111606.jpg

12x24 lower level, 14x12 upper level has 100amp service and Im planning on a wood stove to heat it.

Wow, Lewis,
111622.jpg

I thought that was your house in the background!
(What's the birdhouse sized for)??
guitarist.gif

The wrens love it, they eat the bugs, mostly moths around the garden. Me and my son built most of it 8 yrs ago .The lean to section was added by myself 3 years ago. I was planning on building a masonry chimney for the wood stove.I do this stuff for a every day.

Thanks for yall's compliments!!

Jeez, if I had a Cub Cave like that I'd be giving my wife reasons to kick me out of the house
drool.gif

My new Cub shed. 30'x50'. It's engineered to 120mph.
constant wind load specs. and up to 160mph. for 3 seconds.
Hopefully it's over-engineered for here in Florida.
Lot's more cross bracing and guy wires before it gets skinned. 4in. insulation on the walls and 6in. on the ceiling.

That said,,,,, we have been saving for countless years for our "barn". Plenty O' storage area and I can finally have my tools/equipment in one place. The best part is I now have room to purchase and work on....................
MORE CUBS!!!

184163.jpg

Double WOW! You deal with wind speed, I deal with snow load. 30'x50'. I don't think you'll be coming back and saying "I should'a built bigger". Also thinking the insulation is to keep the heat OUT.
smile.gif

Frank: I built 40 x 46, (actually a 40x30 with a 16 foot leanto on one side, open inside)14 foot side walls, with a 20 x30 loft inside on the low roof side. With the motor home, 51 Merc, F100, 2 Cubs, 1 ZTR, all the other misc stuff in there - I shoulda built bigger
clappy.gif
You can never build big enough - although I'm not sure if Charlie is with us on this one...

Kendell, Charlie has an out, he didn't build big he bought BIG!
icon_eek.gif
(Not dollar wise, space wise, I understand the price was more than reasonable)

Yes, the insulation is to keep the heat out,,,, although last week it was in the teens here (complete with sleet) so it will work both ways! The garage bays will be partitioned from the general storage area and will have A/C and heat.

About a sq.yd. of concrete was poured under each main frame member.

184193.jpg

The building was completed yesterday except for the roll up garage doors. I'm going to pour an apron off of the openings 20'x 30'for an outside workplace/vehicle washing area. Going to have to bring in some more fill to level things up and I really wish I had a plow blade for the Cub to accomplish that with but then I'd have no other use for it so I'll just rent a machine.

184422.jpg

184423.jpg

Richard - I may stop by and inspect ....... I'm not sure if I'm packing any work gloves yet, though...

The Ide's (and any forum member)are WELCOME HERE ANYTIME! Have a safe trip down to the left coast.
Kendell,,,,,, no work gloves needed.....but a personal beer coolie is mandatory.
beerchug.gif

352-613-0414

The aprons will be poured at 7:30 in the A.M. and the building and surrounds will be complete. The Wife and I have planned this building to not only handle our needs but that of others. Just 4 yrs. ago 4 hurricanes roared through this area an left many in my area without basic needs,,,,, for weeks.....
This structure addresses those problems in that it can be alternately generator powered and have "facilities". Toilet/shower. Hot water/ cooking necessities. All of my neighbors are invited!!

Nice weather today Kendell!!! You and the wife are probably checking out things on your Cushman.
My Brother rode a Cushman from Detroit to L.A.
What a story that is.....!!!!

Richard

185802.jpg
\

Latest posts

Back