• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Odd and not so Odd Happenings..misc

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcleod

displayname
Cathleen McLeod
thought I would start a new thread for odd and not so odd happenings we experience.

This is one from me. About 6 weeks ago, we were taking our sunday morning drive around town with Fancy and as we came up to a corner, marlin says " theres a deer". I thought , what??? I thought he was joking and when I looked, no he wasnt kidding. There was a nice size buck standing nearby in an alleyway. we all sat there with our jaws dropping and Fancy was in total awe. He was like..what is this and why is it here? lol. It was a beautiful deer. Of course, neither I nor marlin had our phones with us to capture the moment. I was so disappointed about that.!! The deer watched us for abit then casually walked across the road and down an alley.

Cath

Cathleen, I'll add one.

This past Saturday morning we noticed a dazed <strike>Harry</strike> Hairy Woodpecker on our kitchen deck. We never heard it hit a window but we assume that it flew into one. I grabbed the camera to take some photos of it through the glass storm door. Then Selah who happened to be outside noticed it and he seemed to be concerned about it. Tots was inside and wanted to get out but she's a hunter and I have a feeling she would have done it in were she to get out. Here's a photo of Selah checking it out.

288147.jpg

We were not sure what Selah was going to do so I opened the door and stepped out onto the deck and when I did the Woodpecker looked up at me. He was already showing signs of improving.

288148.jpg

After a few moments he flew to the deck railing then after setting there for a few moments he flew off into the trees.

288149.jpg

Kraig-

That's great photography. Had that happened here any one of my guys would have done the bird in.

So...Hydro has a woodpecker named after him???

Wayne, thanks! If Tots had been out she would have done it in too. That should have been Hairy Woodpecker.
blush.gif
facepalm.gif
roflol.gif

Kraig, oh my goodness. The pic of Selah and Woody is tooo precious. Those pics are those once in a lifetime moments.!! and Selah showing such concern.. priceless.

Fancy is our only outdoor kitty, and he never goes out alone, but when we are out, he has never bothered the birds, or the wildlife. Except on Mothers day, when he would he search and bring me a tiny bunny. He started doing this when we bought the house we are in now, and I guess he was missing raising all those little kittens through the years in the rental. So, guess he thoughyt mommy needed some kind of baby to take care of, and a bunny would do. .every year,to the day on Mothers day, he comes with an offering, a gift. he's always really tender with them and so proud of his gift. I have talked about this before. What befuddles me, is how did he know it was Mothers day? really odd. He hasn't missed a year, cept this year, and it was rainy on that day, so we were all in, so he didnt have the opportunity to buy a gift for me..lol

Cath

Last Thursday was one with not so normal happenings.

We had a double hitter, both doctor and dentist appt. While traveling fron the docs office to the dentist, we were traveling along a very populated yet woodsy area by the river and Marlin says, " there's a dear" and I looked out the window and sure enough there was a deer peacefully grazing in someones front yard. Wish we could have stopped to get a pic, but we had to continue on our way and also we had traffic behind us which detoured us from stopping quickly. It was such a serene picture and I'm sure that is normal in that area, but not so much so in ours. lol.

as we arrived home late afternoon, We were pulling into our yard via the alley and Marlin said "look at the hawk." There in our yard was a rather large Hawk and he obviously had his prey, still alive in his talons. It must have been wiggling as the Hawk would hop on his legs, like " oh that tickles". The hawk stayed there for quite a long time. before he took his pray to a higher level.

When we arrived home of course Fancy wanted his daily " drive around Colo". so Marlin took him in the truck and I stayed behind, needing to get things done. They were gone like forever and I was beginning to wonder what was up. ????. about an hour later, they show up, with the news that they had found " Sabini" our neighbors kitty who has been missing for a few months. Marlin happened to stop at a neighbors house as the came into the alley, Marlin caused him to stop and talk to Amy, and thus, he happened to eye Sabini north of our property, so he scooted out of there in a hurry to talk to Joe, asking if Sabini had a collar on. YES he said and Marlin told him that she was just south of his house. Oh my goodness, the happiness on Joe's face with the return of his little girl as one of those moments you just feel all happy inside.
That little voice within, to stop and talk to Amy was the key to him eyeing the kitty.!

The following morning we were sitting eating breakfast at 3am and I looked out the north windows to see nothing but flashing lights down at Joe's house. We were both really upset, thinking NO, nothing can happen to Joe, now that he has his girl back. I went down to the Caseys later and found out it wasn't Joe, thank goodness, but there was a fire across the street and all the volunters were parked around Joe's place. A guy who was restoring a Semi to sale, which he had just completed caught fire in a huge machine shed. It was discovered by a passer byer at 2:30 am. We didn't see any signs of fire, due to our tree's blocking the view. They figure that some critter got into the cat and was gnawing on some wiring which in turn caused the electrical stuff to spart and cause the fire. (we'll have to get a pic of the damage. The fire crew said it was a blessing,that the venting syster in the building would cause any fire to go up and out instead of cross wise.! That building got really hot! Just relieved that no one was hurt or that the fire didnt spead to the implement dealers property which was abutted to this shed by 6 feel or so.

Cath

Cathleen, nice to hear of the return of your neighbor's cat. Bummer about the fire.

Last friday night, late, I as sitting in the dining room and saw red flashing lights up north of us again, like when that tractor, semi, caught fire. Well I was sitting there and thought I heard a little commotion outside so went and looked out the south kitchen window and this https://www.google.com/search?q=railroad+maintenance+machines&rlz=1T4MXGB_enUS608US608&tbm=isch&imgil=J80xIrsEs3wflM%253A%253BIm8_9vcDHx30hM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.american-rails.com%25252Frailroad-maintenance.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=J80xIrsEs3wflM%253A%252CIm8_9vcDHx30hM%252C_&usg=__sCiWCjk3X_4a63FdR5nekqZl_uE%3D&biw=1382&bih=754&ved=0CD4Qyjc&ei=b5drVNfnJ4eSyATy2IHICA#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=J80xIrsEs3wflM%253A%3BIm8_9vcDHx30hM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.american-rails.com%252Fimages%252FRMLoramCoveGR.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.american-rails.com%252Frailroad-maintenance.html%3B480%3B281 was on the track . All i could see was FIRE coming from the bottom of what was on the track. I thought it was a rea engine on fire. I went and woke Marlin up and he missed it. It then went behind buildings but you could see it working from the upstairs windows. Marlin could have cared less, he was so tired. It was quite the spectacular display of firewoks on the tracks as the machine ground down the rails to the correct specifications. We stopped and talked to a railroad guy we saw the next day as they were checking on it and they explained how it grinds down the rails to the right degree of whatever.!! It is really interesting what kind of macines you find going by, but at 2am, sparks flying everywhere made for a magnificent view.

Cath

PS orry, I tried to do the code so the url wouldnt be so long, but guess I dont know it.

Last week Marlin and I had gone to the doctor for our quarterly check ups and afterwards we dropped in across the street to an Ice Cream store which has tasty noon specials. We ordered, I sat down and Marlin went to the rsetroom. Across for our table was a couple with a little guy about 3 or so. He was intently watching cartoons on the tv..above my head. Out of nowhere the little guy looks at me and says " would you like to join us for lunch?" I was really surprized and his mohter quietly told him that someone would be joining me. I smiled and said, thank you for asking. Who would have thought a 3 year old would invite you to join their table when you appear to be alone.?? That was a first for me and it really warmed my heart.

cath

Latest posts

Back