• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

All Things Deer

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That time of the year

Attachments

• 4291FBFA-E5F8-4D6F-9081-2597490A7D90.jpeg
    4291FBFA-E5F8-4D6F-9081-2597490A7D90.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Oct 26.. spent the last 2 weeks looking for deer from my winter blind.I can relax,sip a coffee and just not worry about shooting.I don't pull a trigger until it's below 50 so they can hang a few days.(I process my own) Got a real treat the other night,a very nice 8 pt showed up as well as a 6 pt and 4 does. Thoughts of shooting did not enter my mind,I don't shoot big bucks anymore.I'm after good quality meat only (I haven't taken a big buck in 15 yrs,I'm that serious).The pic was taken thru a window he just kinda poof showed up but did get my juices going .At 20 yds that's pretty cool stuff..Temps are coming down this weekend,getting close.Hope you can get good look without the flash..gardens put to rest, painting the last cub ..time to fill the freezer !! good luck to all you whitetail chasers...

Attachments

• 20231023_175523.jpg
    20231023_175523.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Ok guys gonna get puffy for a minute .A fine 2-3 yr old buck .my 50 cal.percussion muzzleloader has now got 79 notches in the buttplate. I keep telling grandson I'm not done with it yet.I've said I don't shoot trophy bucks ,this is a young one. Still good eatin'...In case you wonder this is old style mountain rifle, patched round ball only and neck shots only..Instant tip over and done...

Attachments

• 20231116_080853.jpg
    20231116_080853.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Saturday was opening day for firearms here in Indiana. I didn't see much, but my son Jackson shot his first buck. He said he saw a small doe come in to him so he shot her. He didn't get anything last year so he was going to get something for the freezer. I text him as I couldn't see him. He said doe down. I told him to stay put and wait for a buck. About a half hour later this buck came in and he took the shot. I'm so very proud of him. Shot with my 7.62X39 SKS rifle. We checked the trail cameras earlier that day and we saw him on there and little did we know that Jackson would see him again that night.
IMG_9435.JPG

IMG_9436.JPG

IMG_9440.JPG
IMG_9433.JPG

IMG_9434.JPG

I've paid some attention over the yrs to deformed antlers .My last had 5 pts on left and 2 on right.What I found (I process my own) was right shoulder had only about 50% of the meat the left had,2 ribs were pushed at least an inch out from the rest.My guess is this buck had a serious encounter with an auto a long time ago and healed quite well. He had a couple of gashes from recently fighting so he was serious about breeding also..

I've paid some attention over the yrs to deformed antlers .My last had 5 pts on left and 2 on right.What I found (I process my own) was right shoulder had only about 50% of the meat the left had,2 ribs were pushed at least an inch out from the rest.My guess is this buck had a serious encounter with an auto a long time ago and healed quite well. He had a couple of gashes from recently fighting so he was serious about breeding also..
What I have read is that if one antler is deformed it is likely due to injury. If both antlers are deformed it is probably genetics.

Latest posts

Back