• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 02, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmcleod

displayname
Cathleen McLeod
Wayne, I was a thinking and thought I needed to address your worries with Barney staying gone and it worrying you. I'm sorry for joking with ya, as I KNOW it really bothers and worrys you when Barney goes missing on you and won't come when you call. I dont know how to remedy that, but I would be worried too. When Fancy was outside on his own, he would pretty much stay in the yard. if he did go missing on me, he was in ear shot ( usually nosing around in the neighbors garage, and he would come when called. I think there were only a hand full of time all the years that he was out, that he didnt stray beyond a few houses of ours. We were lucky that way, at least it keep me from worrying, but then he gets shot in his own yard!!! what is wrong with that picture? alot..oh well, now he can't go out unsupervised and to this day cars driving by scare him..

Cath

Cathleen-

Barney is being reprogrammed since yesterday morning. He's gone outside and we even went and took Lynda on her first walk through the woods. You should have heard her whining when I'd get a few feet from her. I had a long stick which ole Barney can't resist when I run it along the ground. I was able to get him back in the house easier than I figured. I really don't think he goes that far plus there are birds all over the place. I just don't want him to be gone for 5 or 6 hours at a time.

Wayne, you'll have to keep us all abreast of your reprogaming Barney so maybe we can apply your methods to our kids. lol.

I wonder if a kitten is out on their own earlier in life, if they have more pain/ emotional issues.

Annie is sooo sensitive and she really reacts in a very powerful way when she has hurt herself..not big things, but little things seem to create a huge pain response in her. also she is more moody then the others. Although we got her at about 4 weeks, I think she wasn't tended to by her mommy, so hence the issues we have with her. She minds well know, but when you were talking about Lynda complaining about the cold snow on her feeties, that perhaps she kind of has the same symdrom with pain/discomfort? something to ponder anyways. If anyone else has kitties who were dumped by their mommies early on, maybe we can compare notes?

Cath

Well, I let Barney out this morning shortly after the others...maybe 30 minutes. After two long days (mostly for me) of being a house cat he at least didn't leave the yard. It wasn't like he did any suffering either because he just slept all day both days after he realized he wasn't going out. He came up to the door at times and waited like they all do to be let in because the only food is kept inside. This happened all day so now I think I'll keep him in a little every now and then to add to the "de" programming of any potential long distant travels.

If I could keep Graygirl around there'd be no problem with ole Barney. He's been in love with her most of his life I think. She heads off and stays gone but never too far. She's also the reason Barney knows of the grown up field about 400 yards west of the house. I'm sure he goes with her at times as well but she comes when I call...usually, and Barney doesn't.

Cathleen-

Lynda did no suffering walking in the woods...no snow here in NC. After a while she actually kept up fairly well. It's always a good exercise because they all want to lie down as soon as we get back to the house. Graygirl stayed in the woods for a while too but she's so good about being here at dusk or a little after.

They're all just driving me crazy a little at a time...and making me miss my labs. What I'd give for a big ole slobbery lab tongue across the cheek.

Wayne, this is the best I can do.

283332.gif

283333.gif

Yeah, these are pugs, but they have sloppy wet licks.
happy.gif

283334.gif

283335.gif

Thanks Kraig-

That top pic really brings back some memories. Pugs are nice (no experience) but labs are simply wonderful. The day may come I decide to bite the bullet and just get another one. As I've mentioned, my all time favorite/best dog was a black lab named Medic. He was amazing.

Wayne, good to know your de-programming with Barney is going well.

Cath

geez, things have been havoc here the past couple of evenings. Annie is PISSED off that Tootsie is sleeping on the love seat in her pillow bed, so Monday night and last night, she started going after her.. insanity erupted..she would NOT leave her alone. Finially I got her to settle down. Fancy had gotten up off the couch when all the noise started and he was sitting there looking at Annie. I said to him, will you please tell your little girl to knock it off? do something.!! and with that he started to bitch slap annie. Annie jumped up on the couch to try to get away from daddy, and he jumped up and held her down and was hitting her more..hahaha, anyways..she screaming UNLE UNCLE..and so I tell Fancy to stop. That stopped the ruckus Monday night. Last night it started in again just as I was going to go to bed.. finially got Tootsie to go to her church pew and sit with her teddys and I told fancy to tell annie again to knock it off. They were in the kitchen. Annie peeked at tootsie a couple of times, and I said A..A A...NO!!!.. with that, I went to bed and didnt hear anything the rest of the night. I left the bathroom lite on so there was light in the dining room. KIDS>!! I get so ticked off when they act up like this. I didnt sleep well, as I was more listening for growls and such so I could jump to the rescue again, but that didnt happen. I tried to give annie some ' peacekeeper' drops directly out of the eye dropper, but she was to nasty, but she did get a taste of it, and started whining and complaining like I had poisened her. I said, well, if you dont stop I will pour it down your throad. Maybe my threat scared her? hahaha... anyways, that was the end of things. She best NOT start it again tonight...!

Cath

Times 3 Cath!! Everyone has been cooped up to long.. Meow Meow has been "slapping" at the dogs and running upstairs, under the bed then over the bed, then back down stairs and pounces onto the couch back with his butt in the air and his claws out! Silly thing then shasays over to me and pounces onto my hand with the rear feet bunny kicking and his teeth "glancing" the back of my hand! Until I grab him by the tail... then he cries like I'm hurting him...
fence.gif

But his eye is looking better!

Mey Frank,Kraig and Mike, I suppose it is cabin fever. I said to marlin, well Annie and the girls never go out, so whats their beef, but he said to me..them going out on the 3 season porch IS their outside. AHA..very true. I auppose thats it since its to cold to ever run out there for a few minutes. Oh, every once in a blue moon I let them out there and they run back in as fast as they went out. The other day though Annie went out and wouldnt come back in when I called, so I shut the door, and then I went about my business and forgot her till I heard her loudly crying to come in. It wasn't that cold..hahaha.

Yesterday whe I fed everyone I put their drops directly in their food, rather then the water, which has drops in it. Anyways, last night Annie was a little love bug and snuggled up on the couch with me for the duration. TILL I went to go to bed and then she had to go after Tootsie..then she decided to come into the bedroom with hannah and me, and I thought, ok, this will work if she will stay in and sleep here, I won't lose sleep with arguing cats..well, that lasted about 10 minutes and then she wanted OUT. She never bother Hannah by the way. So she did stay a good girl, no fighting. Ah, what a relief.

yesterday afternoon Annie and Fancy got to boxing on the back of the couch. had to laugh. Poor little Annie has no chance against her big daddy.lol.

This morning Tootsie got down on the floor, and instead of going after her, Annie sat under the table about a foot away from her and cried and complained. Guess that beats an attack though. Tootsie must have said something to hurt her feelings..hahaha. KIDS.

Mike, I had to really laugh with MM's running amok in the house. I am SO Glad to hear that his eye is better. I was just wondering about that the other night. Good news, for sure.

Fancy, now he does get cabin fever, and then he cops an attitude. That is why Marlin takes him for a ride in the truck when they get home..to ease his SAD disorder. Spring can't come to soon, right? Mercy its been one heck of a COLD winter this year.

Cath

Wayne? how is it going with Barney? is he sticking closer to home and not being out for forever and missing? hope it is good there.

Well, yesterday/last night were peaceful.
283635.gif
Guess putting the ' peacekeeper' drops in everyones food was what was needed.

Cath

Cathleen-

Barney's been a house cat for the most part of the last week. I let him out Tuesday and he was gone for several hours. Everyone else seemed content staying in the yard. Yesterday I went out with him for a while. The snow made loud noises as I walked around breaking through a layer of ice over 5or 6" of snow. Barney didn't like these noises so that made getting to him a little harder.

Here is 75% of the herd watching birds in the front yard. It's hard to see but the specks in the yard are birds.

283639.jpg

And here's where Graygirl spends a lot of time during cold, nasty weather.

283640.jpg

Wayne, what a cute pic of Barney, Millie and Lynda hanging out together bird watching and thats a cute pic of Graygirl allll snuggled up..

Cath

283799.gif
David.! I hadn't thought of this GREAT dilema
283800.gif
the furkids are now facing.!!

Cath

Yeah, sometimes progress really sucks!!!
Like when the auto industry moved the dimmer switches to the steering column. Took me forever to get limber enough to get my dern foot up there!!

hahaha David.I know what you mean about the dimmer. I had NO clue where mine was..till Marlin explained it to me. I kept tapping my toe at where it Should be and nothing..!!

at lesat our furkids have learned to NOT walk or step on the keyboard !! Its cute to watch them ever so ginerly making their way around it..first on leg, then the next paw..lol

Cath

Cathleen, talking about walking around a keyboard... you should watch a cat walking across the top of a stockade fence. 2 feet on top of the pickets, the other 2 on the top of the top support beam. Its fun to watch...

Back