• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Thanks Everyone

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leaming

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping getting my 100 where it is today! Special thanks to Dmerkle. He has went way out of his way to help me. He is probably one of the nicest guys you could meet. I bought this thinking it didn’t need much boy was I wrong. The engine was shot, the clutch needed rebuilt. I bought a freshly rebuilt Engine over in Indiana for $550 bucks, he gave me $150 for mine. I kept the head off the old engine as it was a high boss head dmerkle pointed that out for me. I get the new engine home and noticed the starter was at least 1/4 inch out of alignment. So I bought the correct starter from Db electrical. I also bought a new voltage regulator because it was not charging. I couldn’t figure it out so I reached out to dmerkle again. He said probably a ground issue, he was right. So I get everything back together and the thing runs like crap on the high end. I buy a new aftermarket carb from a place in Ohio called Kustom I believe. Don’t buy one of these they are not the best. By this time I’m getting tired of fooling with it because I’m not the greatest when it comes to engine stuff. Lucky for me my best friend was a former state of Ohio tractor trouble shooting champion. He came out a few nights ago and discovered the new points and coil the guy used in the rebuild we junk probably from China. He said get rid of the carb also. I have another friend that had a #26 Kohler carb, I cleaned a rebuilt it tonight. We bought a non resistor 12 volt coil from Napa and new Kohler points and she runs like a champ. I have a few little things to do Saturday and she will be done for now. Thanks Everyone! Attached is a running video tonight.

Last edited:
It always feels good to get one going again don't it! Especially after doing so much work, it feels so so good to finally have it all come together. Good work!

Mark, one of the great points of this forum is only 2 hands are doing the work but 10 guys(or more) are looking over your shoulder guiding you to get it right...

It’s very nice to have such great members to help others out! I’m very appreciative!

Back