• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 7.0, April 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loaded!!!! Time for sleep.....
Up at 3:30 to leave at 4 with the boy to meet at the Iron skillet. See yall in the AM
17845.jpg

For you guys who want to come over to plow over in Indiana were going to have a plow day near the Tim Overmyer farm West of Monterey In. Its on Apr. 25 sunday and will be starting around 9 am. Any brand welcome and email me and I'll try to get some directions to you. I will be at pd7 and can give you more details.

Got a shower rain last night, settled the dust on my gravel road but the electronic rain gauge shows 0.00. stars are out.
It's still a go.

(Message edited by dross on April 17, 2004)

Dave: Thanks for hosting a great day. I think everybody got their plowing appetite satisfied for at least a week. It was great to see everybody again. I had a blast.

WOW what a turn out!! Great event!! Major thanks to Dave Ross and Family. Thank you for having a Plow Day that I could make it to. No offense the the WFM guys, but Minnesota is a bit out of my range this year.

Man I forgot to put sun block on my head, I am a major <font color="ff0000">RED</font> neck right now, OUCH.

Dave,
Thanks for a great event. I had a blast even though the 126 died and I had to use my green tractor.

Great PD-7. Met a number of forum members so I can now put a face with the posts. Not a ghost lurking in the background.

Weather was good and hospitality was good.

Thanks to Dave, family and helpers for all their hard work in such a short time.

Dave must have paid the preacher well for such a good day and fine turn-out.

Did not see any dead bodies lying around for plowing over the flag line !

Dave R. & family:
Thanks for your hospitality! I really enjoyed myself and it's always great to see the forum crowd gathered together for a great time.
Keith

Thanks to everyone who attended PD-7 I had a great time.
Had 51 register
expenses $82 outhouse bucket had 84.50 (who says you can't make money doing this).
Prophetstown fire protection district will get thier donation. I forgot to count it this morning. I'll let you all know when I know what that donation is.
Leon wide awakes 4-H club made 100 dollars net. They wanted me to make sure I thanked everyone who
helped support them.
Land owner thought mabey we turned around 20-25 acres.
Again, Thanks to everyone.
PS Teryn is okay

Dave thanks for a great hosting job had goodtime and thanks to all who showed it was great crowd to be with.

tony v

Dave R,
Same as everybody else has said. Thanks a bunch to you and all involved for hosting a great day. Glad there was enough in the donation bucket for you to cover at least most of your expenses.
I really appreciated having the field divided off for the "pro class" and the section for those of us who needed the "kiddy pool" area to figure out what to do. I don't know if that's a standard thing at Plow Days, since at the only other one I've attended, all we could do was stand around in a parking lot and shiver, but I think it's a very good idea.
A big thank you to Steve B, along with an apology for holding up anybody else who was following me. I was heading for the "kiddy pool" after making my best guesses for adjustments, and tried to wave Steve in front of me. He told me to go ahead and he'd follow to see if I had everything set right. He stopped me almost immediately, showed me what to adjust and why, and I tried again. This happened about three times.
For those who don't know my face, I was the new guy on the 109 with the real weak engine that looked like it was on fire through the second half of the row. It does fine for mowing duty with a 42" deck, struggles for tilling, but was completely out of it's league for plowing. I had to nurse it along a few feet at a time, adjust the plow myself for a little less aggressive cut in hopes of helping the engine survive, and hosed up the guys following me until they couldn't stand it any more, but I made it down the row and ended up with a LOT of knowledge I didn't have at the start, plus an engine that doesn't have any unauthorized holes in it. That in itself would have made the whole day worthwhile. The big bonuses included getting to meet and talk with a pile of you guys who now have faces, picking up tips for my 12 horse rebuild project and 147 electric lift, people loaning me something I needed (thanks, Kirk), helping when others needed something I had, seeing Tedd finally get rid of that rusty wheel and liquid filled tire, and unexpectedly seeing two guys (Rich and Brad) from where I used to live.
It's amazing what comes out of spending a few hours with a bunch of people on an isolated patch of dirt.

I counted the Fire departments fund last night $93
I'll make sure it gets to the right place by the weekend.
What name do you donate it under.

I have a gas can that doesn't belong to me. I think it fell off a traier, near the outhouse.

Ok, someone must have taken some photos! Looking for photos too to include on a Photo CD if you took non-digital photos I can scan them for you.

Anyone (Jim B.?) take any video that they would like to submit for a PDV7 video compilation? Even if there is just a few minutes I can include it with the WFM Video I hope to take this coming Saturday and make a 2004 Spring Plowing event video. Looking for photos too to include in a Photo CD. TIA

Dave R:
That gas can is mine. Keep it. It'll cost me more to come get it than it'll cost to get a new one.

Thanks,
Keith

Latest posts

Back