• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

IH Cub Cadet Plow Day 7.0, April 17, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig: Sorry to say, my video crew found better things to do. I have just a few pictures I got myself. I will deliver them to you this weekend on a disc. See you there.

Kraig -

Gotta tell ya, only YOU inspire my "signature wave." Guess we'll have to wait for PD 8...

Lack of pics -

I took 2 pictures as we were all unloading. Folks that haven't been to a plow day just don't understand why we're all plowing and not taking pictures for them!
lol.gif

Keith E. & Dave Ross
17915.jpg

Bryan, ?, Tedd, & Middle Steve
17927.jpg

Wendy, Big Steve, & Kurt
17916.jpg

Cyrus, Amanda & "Grandpa" Keith
17917.jpg

Denny T., Jim Bailey, ?
17918.jpg

Dusty? Nah!
17919.jpg

Big Steve taking the 1872 for a spin...I was disappointed by the seeming lack of power, but it was my first real plowing with a hydro. I plowed with the 71 when I could get it away from Keith!
happy.gif

17920.jpg

Dave Kamp trying to thumb a ride for somebody to get him some more HP for his 109. He vows to be back with a two lung diesel plower/puller though.
happy.gif

17921.jpg

Here is the kid who got stuck in the mud before the operators meeting even started....too much coffee at Iron Skillet I suppose!
happy.gif

17922.jpg

Steve Blunier
17923.jpg

Keith Ehrecke
17924.jpg

Myself
17925.jpg

Cyrus got quite hot, so he got stripped down to his diaper and he and Amanda, Emma & Monica all sat in the trailer with Dee, & Travis' mom as temps got up around what had to be 90°. Thanks Dee!
17926.jpg

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Here is the kid who got stuck in the mud before the operators meeting even started....too much coffee at Iron Skillet I suppose!<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
It turned out that Cody, my boy, "AKA Toad" stalled his tractor out there. I am glad that it was not a mud hole he got stuck in! ...but he was hopped up on hot chocolate and maple syrup!!!
crazy.gif

Great photos Ryan!

Ryan -

That would be Bruce Moore standing next to me, I believe...

I think Bruce M. wins the award for the "tractor that came closest to blowing up" at PD....Bruce, it's time for a nice 14hp repower!!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Glad you had fun nursing you 109 down the field!!!!

I left my camera in the truck, Monica has a few on her digital camera, but I haven't gotten them down loaded yet.

Hey Bruce- You weren't the only one with a 109 fixin' to blow- as Slushie-Poo so clearly noted- I managed the first two furrows fine, but halfway into the third, she started getting pretty tired, and by the fourth pass, I had to abandon the furrow about 80' in, and nurse it back to land.

Not sure what the problem was, but it 'felt' a bit better after cooling off... could need timing, or a plug, or a cleaned air filter (nah, there wasn't any dust out there!)... either way, I decided that seein's how the 109's my only running CC, and I kinda need something to pull Loader-Mutt and dad's 127 project, that I'd best not ventilate the 10hp quite yet.

Of all things, I wasn't expecting the engine to be weak... the Soothsayers predicted failure of the homemade-sleeve-hitch, and it did just fine... but I'm not surpised- other'n cleaning it out, changing oil, and getting it fired up, I haven't done a darned thing to that engine since the day I dragged it out of the cobwebs in my neighbor's shed.

But no worries- As Keith told me oh... early last fall... that it doesn't take but one plow-day to really suck a guy in. After seein' everyone else's machines performing, I have a much better understanding for what makes a 'plow' tractor... and after pulling the sled on Jim's 2182 (still afflicted with a permanent grin), I only have one thing to say:

I'll BE BAAACK... and I'll bring my friend SVEN!

Bryan & Ryan,
You're both right. Gosh, I had a nametag....
The three of us were standing there to see if Tedd would end up actually paying somebody to take his wheel.

Bruce,

Man I thought it was coming to that.
lol.gif

When I told the wife that I wound up giving away the wheels and parts she was non too happy. I'llhave to tell he at least I didn't have to pay to have them hauled away.
happy.gif

Tedd,
Think of the EPA cleanup fines if it had sprung a leak at your house, and the certain case of tetanus Toad would have gotten if he had fallen into the parts. You actually saved unknown thousands of dollars.

I did manage to win the "choke and puke" award at the sled...I killed the 1872 while giving it a run, shows how well it was hooking up if nothing else.

I copied Wyatt and put a K582 filter on the 71 tonight..looks really cool while doubling the surface are of the filter, which can be nothing but helpful in those dusty conditions. Putting a K341A filter on the 1408PS instead of the little K321AQS filter.

Any information avaliable yet in regards too a fall Plow Day event this year? Looks like too much fun too simply read about!

Back