• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Crown Vics P71

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it may have looked like this at one time.

303783.jpg

Jeff,

Thank you. I actually still have the window sticker and all the books in the glove compartment. I will have to look and see what the sticker says.

I do know it has the 3.55 LS rear..... I will look tonight and post up more specifics......

Jeff,

This is how it should have been dressed when it was still "on duty", and this color. Which is the Titanium Metallic.

303787.jpg

By looking at the Oil Change Due sticker on the windshield, it was still in IMPD care up till the time I got it... I'm actually still on the oil change that was performed when it was still on duty.....

I will get some better pictures of mine and get them posted.

scott can you post your window sticker if you can and don't mind, I collect them.

That is a slick car, I love that color, with a coat of wax it looks awesome.

so my favorite year and color, kinda jealous

Sure.... It will be later this evening...

2 birds with one stone.... Show the specs, and get you a sticker....

Do you just collect P71's or any window stickers? I actually have the sticker for my Excursion also, if you are interested......

looking back at your car I bet it never had stickers. The sticker package they are using requires a door molding cut. Your door molding looks intact, sweet deal

It did have at least some stickers... You can see the word POLICE across the trunk lid above the "blue oval".... I'll see if I can get a pic of it.....

I'll also look at the flanks and see if I can see any tell-tale signs......

Here are some additional (better) pictures of my new-to-me 2007 P71

It is Medium Titanium Metallic exterior with a Charcoal (almost black) interior. I was incorrect, it actually has the 3.27 Limited Slip, not the 3.55.

Drivers:

303825.jpg

Front:

303826.jpg

Passenger:

303827.jpg

Mileage:

303828.jpg

Idle Hours:

303829.jpg

Back to a discussion from yesterday about the Decal Package. You can make out where some of the decals were, on the rear quarter panels, behind the rear wheels, you can see the block where a large decal was. (Sorry, couldn't get a good shot of this location)

Also on the trunk lid, above the Ford "Blue Oval" you can make out the word POLICE

303836.jpg

If you look right below the glare from the overhead light, you can make out the "O" and to the right, the back side of the "L".....

The side moldings are intact, so not sure if they were installed after the decal package, or when it was retired. The window sticker says it was uninstalled when manufactured......

Scott that looks great, still a baby. check for the steering linkage recall there is one out there. As for the molding when it says uninstalled that meens they ship it in the trunk to be applied later. (yet they charge for work they don't have to do $30.00).

I like the 3;27 over the 3;55 I've drove both and the 3;27 seems quicker to me.

Looks like they did a good job of sticker removal. any signs of a lite bar on top?

Jeff,

The steering recall has been done, according to owner.ford.com, and a buddy I work with has a "Jeepin Buddy" that is an IMPD Officer. He had an 07 just like this. If you look on the rear view mirror, on the drivers side of the windshield side of the mirror there is a sticker with a number on it. This was the way that IMPD/Officers/Fleet Maintenance kept a quick track of cars the steering recall was done on, but since it's a safety thing, I may drop by my local dealer and have them triple check....

Yes, it had a light bar. There is a plug in the drivers side of the roof, about inline with the B-Post. You can also make out the "scuffs" from the feet on the roof, but no real damage to the roof, other than the hole.... LOL.

I agree with the pickup on the 3.55 vs 3.27 cars. My 2000 is a 3.55 LS car and this one is a 3.27 LS car, and it does feel a bit more snappy. However, I know this one has more horsepower (250 vs 225ish) and this one had the transmission rebuilt about 500 miles ago..... Plus the 3.27 cars are limited to 130 and the 3.55's are limited to 120....

The one thing I've been trying to figure out, is what vehicle the rims came from. They are 17" and the proper backspacing for the Crown Vic, and they have the FORD symbol on them, but I can not figure out what vehicle they are from..... I really like them, but I've never seen a set on another vehicle.......

those where available on 2010 thru 2013 mustangs.

now time to add some options I did heated side mirrors, auto dimming rearview mirror, trunk release on door panel, courtesy lite enabled (dealer only), turn signal mod, and a bumper tuck in the rear.

join this forum lots of good stuff there
http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php

Jeff,

Thanks for the info on the rims...

I wouldn't mind putting the button in the drivers door, and plan on getting it to the Ford garage and get the courtesy light reactivated. (I got over the novelty of "dark car" on the 2000, which can be fixed by unplugging a plug under the glove box).

Others may come as time goes on.... I have a nice stereo... maybe some kind of console or armrest...

One curiosity question, do you have to have the key in acc, or run for the trunk button in the dash to work? My 07 won't pop the trunk without the key "on". The 2000 works no matter what (which is good because the trunk lock doesn't match the rest of the locks, and I don't have a key. I plan on taking it to the local locksmith and having it key to the rest of the car.) it only has the dash trunk button also......

BTW - I joined crownvic.net a few weeks ago.... good info on that site......

it takes 5 minutes pop the trim piece off and switch leads, theres another set back there. pop trim back on, no tools.

You silly boys and your cop cars. Buy an "old lady Merc" and you'll have all those options and more!
1AA_dance2.gif

303863.jpg

admit it Art its more fun to add the cool stuff to a "athletic young vic"

Latest posts

Back