• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Crown Vics P71

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jeff.... I may look into doing that.....

It can be a pain, but there is the idea that if the car is entered, the trunk is still secure.....

Drove by 2 of these Crown Vics sitting for sale last night. One north of Hammond, WI and one south of Hammond, WI. I think the one on the north was black and the other is dark blue. It was raining as I drove by.

aaaaand?????
1a_scratchhead.gif

Hey, I'm as much of a Chevy truck guy as the next bow-tie fan, but Ford really figured out these Crown Vics/Mercs. (It must be the cop-car background)

Not to mention I feel better with my daughter driving this hunk of iron as opposed to the "cute red Kia" she thought she wanted.
correct%20police.gif

I like the small hub caps, they look tough; betraying the "Interceptor" heritage (and reality). The "flat" hub caps, not so much: I don't like them.
(I have the faux wire wheel covers on my Marquis, and I'm not too crazy about them, either [and neither is my tire dealer --they require a special key to remove].)

By-the-way, thanks for the link to "Changes through the years" --very informative.
thumbsup.gif

Question for everyone - my mother-in-laws 92 Marque is having an issue. My wife drove it and said the rear end vibrates when running down the road at times (like going over small speed bumps). Doesn't do it all the time just off and on but not too often. I looked at the rear-end and it is leaking some. Could someone give me a clue what to look at, is it low fluid, u-joint, etc. Just need a direction to go - we may be selling it in the near future but would like to get it running well before we do that. Any help is welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

Rodney as Frank said a bad belt in the tire could do it. also leaking in the rear could be several things, check the rear end fluid level should be a plug near the top, and make sure its filled low fluid will cause growling and some vibration. whats the mileage ?

Rodney K.

I also agree w/ Jeff & Frank, Bad Tire Hopefully. Since the 92 is an Actual Rear End and not Independent rear suspension you can rule out Rear Alignment issue.
Bad Shock would cause more of a bouncing up and down than a "Speed Bump" Symptom, and the Coil Springs are Almost Indestructible so my best "Guess" would be Tire!!!

Good Luck,,
ihrotate.gif

My Black 2000 does this same "speed bump" feeling above about 40 MPH, I am leaning toward soft shocks..... It has new tires, and different rims on the rear axle (BTW - ALL Crown Vics are a straight live axle through the end of production). The shock feel a bit soft as the car had 175,000+ on it.... my 07 is much firmer feeling, and does not have the speed bump feeling......

Everyone, thanks for the suggestions. I was going to check the level the next time I go out there, the tire does seem to be a possibility. The mileage is undetermined - she bought it new and a couple of years ago the odometer quit and didn't tell us. I think it had about 100K when it quit she just changed the oil ever so often to keep the oil changed. I will drive it the next time I am out there after checking and adding fluid if it needs it and see what happens. I just didn't have the time the other day. Thank y'all for all the suggestions and help.

Latest posts

Back