• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Crown Vics P71

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of my uncles p71 on the left, next to it's inservice twin at Ill State Police Dist. 16
The one on the right has rear deck flashers and front visor lights with no spot light. And to top it off it is running non-goverment passenger plates.

301390.jpg

Jeff,

How else do you expect them to be sneaky...... if it looked like a police car, with police plates, that kinda defeats the purpose..... LOL

Heck, with mine, I still get the line behind me on the interstate...... but it has a spotlight.....

I completed a cool factory mod this weekend.

a couple of months ago I got a auto dimming review mirror/compass out of a grand marquis at pick n pull.

So I ran the wiring thru the headliner down the a pillar thru the dash and tada, I have a auto dimming mirror.

Heres a pic, I still need to tuck my dashcam wire back in the headliner.

301559.jpg

Over the weekend I completed a wiring harness upgrade for the headlites. Ford crown vics from the factory only gave the headlights about 8 to 9 volts due to running them thru the LCM.

The new harness has relays and when headlights are turned on, they get fed from the battery at a full 12 volts.

Here are before and after pictures.

pre low
301639.jpg

post low
301640.jpg

pre high
301641.jpg

post high
301642.jpg

Good luck wit dat!

Seems wrong to put 12v on a 9v bulb....Jeff.

Seems wrong to put 9v on a 12v bulb....Ford.

Blue Oval...yeck...

the bulbs where designed to have 12v of power, ford ran them thru the Lighting Control Module that knocked them back to 9v, why I don't know. So the 12v I give the bulbs are what the bulbs want.
This is a time proven mod in the crown vic world.

Jeff,

X2 on Art's questions.... I find the lighting on my P71 less than I like.... much dimmer than my Excursion......

I also want to find a set of headlights/side markers from a "Civilian" Crown Vic.... since my factory lights were drilled for aux lights, they always have moisture in them...... Also have been looking for some civilian seats..... get a power seat for the driver, the P71 seat lacks in adjust-ability......

Art and Scott, although making my own would save me about 50 bucks, But there is a guy that makes them for 100 bucks shipped and is very professional about them, if they had a ford part sticker on it, you would think OEM.

Here is some pics of when I unpacked the harness.

It works by unplugging your bulbs, plug in new sockets, plug passenger original connector into new harness and cap drivers original connector.
hook up positive lead to battery and ground lead to fender ground screw.

Built in the harness are two Bosch relays. So when you turn on your lites the signal goes to relays which transfer power to the battery. and then back to the headlites thru the new sockets.

301708.jpg

301709.jpg

301710.jpg

301711.jpg

Jeff,

Did these come from "The Big Auction Site" or from one of the Crown Vic forums?

I am interested in a set...... Un-fogged headlights and being brighter it would be nice....

that would be my favorite black with dual spots and a pushbar, then the screwed it over by dropping it
bash.gif

When they drop them like that , yes the cambered that much, very stupid

Good grief its probably on air bags. Its sitting at its lowest position in pic. Doesn't get drivin' at that height. Can be raised to driving height at the flick of a switch. Not a big fan of all this either, but damn better than jacking it up and putting 28" rims on it and calling it a "DONK" like they do in some neighborHOODS....

It is deffinently bagged, but still a waste of a nice 04 or 05.

Latest posts

Back