• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Computer question. . . .

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't go to that site, and ALWAYS pay attention to the link bar at the top of your browser to make sure your going to where you want and not where THEY want!!!!!

Charlie P. I've gone into the Facebook site and it still won't let me log in even after changing my password.

Marlin - Sounds more to me like a "browser hijack" redirecting your requests.. Try a different browser - Firefox, Google Chrome or if that's what you are using, try I.E. . If unsure, get "Malwarebytes" and try clearing the problem. Google "Malware removal"

Charlie, ref SSD upgrades - did the "two step", first upgrading two laptops to SSDs and then to Win10. Not sure what all the P&Ming is about 10, pretty smooth to me, and once I persuaded the second laptop to download 10, it was painless.. Two down, one to go (Nancy's ASUS notebook, slow, slow,slow). BTW used the free EASUS product to clone, worked great..

I'm sticking with Windows 7.
I can make it work and pretty much look like XP Pro.
Plus you can fool the new programs to think that they are on 10, LOL

Good news!!!! A younger co-worker helped me change my password. I was hacked. A BIG THANK YOU to all that suggested hings to do. I guess a lot of people are being hacked lately.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor

I put in a SSD drive and installed windows 7 on it . It will load to go the time I count to 12 and is ready to work. I have a 1 terabyte drive internal and a 1 terabyte back up drive that is external . Fast it is lol

I had a strange experience over the new year. New Years eve I shut my computer down as usual then went to bed. The next morning I went to "boot up" and simply got nothing. My computer wouldn't come on at all. I thought it was Y2K all over again. Two days later I took it to a computer fix it shop. The guy removed the battery, connected a power supply, and it came on. The battery bit the dust overnight on New Years.

Yesterday I went to a Batteries Plus store along with my laptop. They didn't have a battery in stock and had to order it which I did. I was and still am pretty ignorant about the cost of things and ended up paying $121 and change to have it shipped to my address (the store is a good distance away). The battery itself costs $104.99. When I got home I googled the battery and couldn't find one that cost more than $32.99. After realizing I had apparently been taken advantage of I called the store and cancelled my order. Of course since there was an $8 shipping charge involved along with an idiot salesperson they got that part screwed up. I've been waiting now for several hours for the "return call" to let me know things have been cleared up.

I'm so sick of the way this country has gone straight down hill when it comes to customer support. At least they spoke english!

Sorry, I just needed to rant a bit I guess.

Wayne - I suspect David is right about the Ruskies being involved on Sat. nite - BUT it wasn't them in the store.

Just how good was that idiot salesperson's "English"?

You know, I just don't get it myself. How can these places survive having terrible customer support?

It's almost like some genius business guy comes up with an great idea for a store - convinces the general public - and then hires idiots. They have to be idiots since they're the only ones that will drink the Kool-Aid so they're convinced they're doing the right thing.

I had heard of this Batteries-Plus and since you mentioned it I just visited their website. Did you know they list Garden Tractor batteries. They actually list most of the IH Cub Cadets. You can get a 235CCA battery for $42.99 or you can get a different 235CCA for $48.99. Now what do you suppose is up with this? Wouldn't be more idiots would it?

I don't even know what to say anymore Wayne. The grocery stores are doing something to old meat to make it look red and fresh again. We all know what happened to "seben-eleben". My son won't use one of those "self serve check-out things" because he says it takes peoples jobs away. I can see his point - but I think those places took those num-skulls and make them customer service personnel.

I don't know what to do anymore.

So - this is my rant back at ya.

Harry-

Yep, this was an American idiot. After I called them today to cancel I learned the guy that helped me was off until Friday. They had the total amount they charged me on file yet the idiot didn't reflect the shipping cost on my bill so they are only refunding the cost of the battery + tax. They told me they had to wait until the idiot returned to work to verify the remainder of the bill. I bank online and the total had been deducted by that evening. One other thing, the idiot told me they only make one type, or mAh battery for my laptop and I found two sizes online. And this guy works at a battery store.

I just changed my TV account back to satelite and received a bill yesterday for what is suppose to be automatically drafted from my account or so I was told. I called and spoke to an idiot woman that first told me I had to send this payment then she tells me it will be drafted.

I use the local VA hospital and the same crap happens there. It's gotten so bad the doctors even have their lines to try and subdue issues to make sure you're in and out in 20 minutes. I use to be able to call and leave message for my doctor to call me back...that's out of the question now and has been for a few years. I can only speak with nurses and then they relay the message to my doctor. I guess what I'm saying is it doesn't matter what you need today. Whether it's health care or just a battery, so many barriers have been placed between hospitals/businesses (etc.) and the consumer.

People today just aren't informed plus they don't know how to deal with people. Smooth transactions must just be a thing of the past. So sad. I'm also a homebody so crowds and traffic are two reasons I prefer my solitude lifestyle. I don't have to put up with that crap here.

Oh, I ordered a battery online and with the shipping it was less than $31. I saved about $90.

Talk about barriers...
Anyone tried to buy a savings bond lately??
Was going to start buying them for our new Great Grandson.
Turns out you have to go online and have a treasury direct account and can only buy for someone else if THEY or a parent or guardian ALSO have an account.
With all the red take and hoops it's almost as it they DON'T want you to buy bonds anymore!

Wayne - I didn't know you were a Vet. Leaving a message for your Dr and getting a call back sounds like a great idea. I sure hope Trump can get something worked out with the VA but he's sure hiring alot of Wall Streeters.

David - you're right. They don't want to sell "YOU" bonds. They really only want to sell them to the BIG GUYS on Wall Street so they can sell you parts of all the bonds they buy from the Gov't. It's like so many other things in the Gov't. They figure out how to make it the most easy for them and how to make it the most difficult for you. I went to the Social Security office with my wife. Of course there is an issue with some details of her pay from 30+ years ago. We got to talk to a no-nothing at the office and then wait for a month for a letter from Albuquerque, and repeat this same crap 3 times before finally getting it resolved (I think). My wife called the number in Albuquerque 6 times and waited on the phone about 2 hours one time - before getting an automated recording at 4:30pm "the office is now closed, please call back". Is there really any place out there where you can talk with someone that's intelligent? And can conduct real business and provide satisfaction. I guess this thread should be changed to the Rant Page.

The battery specialty stores are overpriced on every genre of battery that I've ever checked on. The only reason I even check is as a last resort desperation need it yesterday thing and even on that I walked the last time I was in need - price was just too high to justify..

Yep, I figure I've been to Batteries Plus twice now...my first and last time.

I never received a call last Friday to finally clear up my refund. My only visit may end up costing me the $8.60 I paid for shipping.

I was looking for replacement batteries for an older Makita impact driver.. Bplus wanted about a 100 bucks for a pair. I decided to pitch the tool - but thought I'd check Amazon first. $39.00 for a pair , yea - made in China, the same place the RayoVac's that Bplus wanted to sell me. I also got the same deal on a replacement laptop battery that you did, Wayne.

I'm not sure the Interstate Battery Stores fall into the same category you guys mention, but I've had pretty good luck with the 2 car/truck batteries I bought directly from them. At $25 a piece for a refurbed battery I couldn't beat it (and the guy told me they were actually return batteries, they only checked them and they seemed fine). I suppose it could have been my "luck of the draw".

I agree with Harry on the Interstate All Battery Centers. We have one fairly close to me. I've bought 7 of their Economy line batteries. All have served me well. I've put 2 sets in my 6.0 PSD Excursion (first set wore out after 4 years, which is a really long time in a 6.0), and 3 in 3 other vehicles. At this point, all my vehicles have interstates in them. 3 have Economy batteries in them which are now ~$40 and the other one has a Green Interstate the PO installed (IMPD Fleet Maintenance).

Now, Batteries + is a different story...... never bought anything from there, and won't go back......

Another question from the computer illiterate.

I was viewing YouTube and hit some button or whatever that made everything bigger. Now I have to scroll sideways as well as up and down to get everything into view.

What in the heck did I do??? And how do I fix this crazy problem?

I know it's something simple...it always is but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help.

I'm thinking he went into magnify or Reader View mode.
Depending on which browser your using, it's just a matter of finding the right button, LOL

If your using Firefox, up at the top left, you will see VIEW, click that and at the bottom, you should bee the button to get out of the BI-FOCAL can't see it mode, LOL

Latest posts

Back