• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

CC String Trimmers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, curved shaft trimmers spin clockwise, same as the engine. Straight shaft heads turn counter clockwise, due to the gears in the head.

Kioritz corp. IS Echo. Kioritz changed it's name to Echo some years ago. Ive got a Kioritz 802 Chainsaw at work, it dates back to about 1975-80. Then it was rebadged later as a "Kioritz/Echo" then saws and trimmers were just called ECHO. We still have many old 80's saws and trimmers come in for service, still running like tops, nearly 30 years old.

The old echo catch phrase was "ECHO" (The one that lasts). And it's true.

Thomas...Zip start? Those little white sticks that come with toys come to mind
happy.gif
Here's the weed beater. I actually like it, other that I have one hell of a time walking by time I get our place done.
83913.jpg

83914.jpg

Thanks Ken...I knew there was a good reason it was so reliable and it's not due to the sticker
lol.gif

I used to have a couple Mac chain saws, think they were 660's. Thew were pretty good saws other than being so heavy. One had a weird set-up, it had a govener that seemed to control the idle. It had a real loopy idle like it was cammed but once you touched the throttle it would rock n roll. Tried to adjust the lope out but wouldn't do any good.

Hey brendan...prepare to be shocked.

That's an ECHO. Echo made the Deere trimmers for a while back in the 80's. Actually it's a "kioritz", it's so old. If you need parts, take it to an Echo dealer, most parts, if not all, are still made.

Way back when, Kioritz copied the common MAC layout, but improved the recoils, improved the ignition, made em lighter, and more balanced. Then made them more efficient.

... and this paid advertisement has been brought to you by ...

I'm seeing way to much sales pitch here.

Sales pitch?

You dont have to try to sell an Echo...they do very well on their own. You just got to get one in someone hands first.

I dont know how many times we've had someone bring in a trimmer for repair..and on the way out stop by and pickup an Echo trimmer...feel it for a minute, then bring it to the counter to cancel the repair order, and instead replace their current trimmer.

The trimmer is a Kioritz SRM-302ADX "Power Scythe". I'm not sure if it came with a string trimmer head, I have a box with several blades in it, and there might be a string trimmer head in the bottom, didn't take the time to check tonight.

83923.jpg

83924.jpg

83925.jpg

Holy crap! What a machine! Ive never seeon one quite like that one. Ill write down the model and see if out parts lookup has any info on it, at least see what parts are available.

Id say that is comparable to the SRM-311, or better, in todays lineup.

Here's the box of blades and stuff that came with it.

83930.jpg

Took a few minutes to dig in the box, turns out there was a string head in it.
happy.gif

83935.jpg

83936.jpg

Latest posts

Back