• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

44A deck pulley issue

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone, I’ve tried to look for this problem on this site and I cannot find anything relevant. This pulley has play in it. The bearing runs smooth and is not building heat when I mow so I’m confident it’s ok but either the pulley has wear or the bearing shaft has wear.
1) How does it come off and has anyone seen this before?
2) if the pulley has wear, does anyone have one for sale?
Thanks, Brian

Attachments

• IMG_3798.mov
    20 MB
Remove the blade, remove the three bolts holding the lower cup on. Then the whole assembly should come out from the top of the deck. Put it in a vice. Then pulley nut back on a few threads and use a socket of the right sze and hit it with a hammer and the pulley should pop off.

Last edited:
Your video shows that the pulley has play on the shaft without the nut. Does the pulley have play when the nut is tightened to the proper torque?

Latest posts

Back