• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Don,
We have a 582 spread frame to put this Onan into.
Right now it is a pile of parts in the back of a
truck but should be a 582 when assembled.
This is to replace a transaxle eating Sears my
grand daughter pulled with last summer with this
engine. Five transaxles in all, three in three weeks
one time...

why don't you just get a engine plate out of a 982. it should fit.
you'll want to do something with the rearend in the 582 also

The 962 had a 19.9 hp Onan but I think it was the
48 cu in small block or 9 bolt head Onan. We have
a 52 cu in big block or 10 bolt head. Is the shaft
height the same? Also where could you find a motor
plate used? We also need the clutch/brake arm that
goes on the pedal shaft. This is a low budget operation and she pulls with a local club only.

We know about things to do with the rearend already.

Thanks...

Maybe some of you pullin guys can explain to me what the prupose of spacing your wheels/tires out 3/8".
I can't figure out what that small amount would do for ya.
biggrin.gif

(Message edited by cproctor on February 22, 2006)

Charlie, It's usually a clearance thing. Some of the 6/6 offset wheels will just allow the tire to rub the frame, depending on the axle length. I had mine made 1/2" longer than stock for my stock altered. On some of the stock tractors with external brakes, the aluminum wheels hit the calipers and need a little nudge outboard as well. It's all a matter of preference I guess.
Rick

Congrats to Don Vogt for winning the points battle in the NQS Super Stock class last weekend in Tallmadge. Great job Don!! And I didn't even get wet, this year...

Thanks Guys, It was a tough battle. I do need to thank MVP Racing Engines for a great engine this year. it ran awesome all season. And they also paid $50 to each puller who ran a MVP Engine for points in the NQS series at the banquet. Not many engine builders out there that do that. All the guys who had MVP worked as a team to help win the NQS Engine Buiders Cup for the second year in a row. And also thanks to all the sponsers of the NQS series if it weren't for them there would be no NQS series so try to support these people
http://www.nqspulling.com/nqs_sponsors.htm .
and finally thanks to the team of MVP pullers for all the help & advice that was given to me during the year. It truely was a team effort. Jim Vogt, Nick Laibe, Julian Stahl, Julian Stahl Jr., Harrison Stahl, Jerry Binkly, Charlie & Michael Ciolino, Nick Mischler & Doug Rood

Latest posts

Back