• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 25, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
82 Series pulling chassis:

How do pullers go about strengthening the clutch hanger (upper pivot for the throw out arm, mounted to both frame rails) for use in high stress situations & with the MWSC 3 puck clutch???

I'm just about to that point on my plow tractor project and would like some ideas.

Thanks

hey Steve. I drew this up. hope it helps.
33221.jpg

the area colered in orange is welded to the existing bracket. then I weld the original bracket to the frame. it does real good. in a couple instance's I've come from the top straight back with a rod to keep it from bending if theres still a problem. the longer you can lengthen the throw out arm the easier the pedal will work and you'll have a better feel for the clutch. the one in my tractor is unbelievably long and works so easy. I just finished putting the new Super Cub 10in. clutch in my tractor. it has 5 pucks on each side.

David Kirk, where do you get the fiberglass wool used in your muffler? TIA
thumbsup.gif

Darrell,

I worked for a small engine manufacturer where a roll of that stuff existed for prototype muffler work. Glass wool insulation from an old water heater is similar and should be suitable. Possibly a web search would turn up something.

Being that it was put on a Origial, there was no problem because of the belt to trans hook up.

is it going to be a V twin,? Midwest Super Cub has done it, it does get pretty involved from what they told me, you will need to weld & cut though & the rearend angle will need to be changed because the crank centerline is higher. you may be able to drop it down further into the frame and get away from the rearend angle change, they had ground clearence issues.

33566.jpg

33567.jpg

33568.jpg

This isn't the greatest picture in the world, but I think it shows what you want

This tractor has been home to a magnum 18 and most recently a command 18

The tractor started life as a 100, but has changed a bit since

I hope this picture isn't too big

33580.jpg

Onan engine in Cub Kadet.
I would appreciate any info as to what is required
to mount a 52/60 cu. in. Onan engine in a Cub.
Does anyone have drawings or pictures of the clutch
adapter?
Any info greatly appreciated...

I was just curious if anybody had any information on how to contact Union county tractor pullers in southern Illinois?

Twins in NFs are great, but I think I'd better try a single 16 or 18. Lining everything up for a twin is outta my league.
I do appreciate the pics. great tractors!

Latest posts

Back