• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 29, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydro-

That might not be a bad idea...just drill new access holes.

I miss ole Don T. too. He was going to come see me this summer during his tour of the States.

Wayne, slip that pulley on the end of the crankshaft w/o the key and turn it a few times, I'll bet it's gonna wobble all over the place.

I'd be in the market for a replacement if I were you.

I don't notice a crack. But I can see the weld joint. The pulley on my 169 was the same almost.. the holes were not lined up at all. I just bored new ones. 1 was close so I just pushed the hole sideways.

under edit. Ship the pulley to me and I can create new holes in the mill.

David-

I'm dealing with sort of a budget here so... I am planning to put an extended key in as I often do to help tighten up the pulley. The keyway is in rather nice condition considering. The pulley was loose and came right off but the set screws weren't tight at all. I'm working with my fingers crossed here too.

Mike-

That would definitely be the way to go but I'm suppose to have him mowing grass by the 4th. Thanks anyway! Plus, I can do wonders (?) with a drill and a round file.

I apologize for the fuzz. Maybe the fearless Cybershot is getting tired. Anyway, as long as this guy continues welding I won't worry about being the worst.

315847.jpg

This is the backside of the basket pulley and the repair it suffered.

Wouldn't it take an idiot to not notice the access holes and their alignment???

Attachments

• 315847.jpg
    315847.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 315847.jpg
    315847.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 107
Wayne and Harry-- From the few pictures I've seen of the electric lift, it basically is a linear actuator. A motor(mounted perpendicular) turning a bevel gear that rotates a lead screw that moves a shaft in/out. Like mentioned, I'm very familiar with them and buying one that will work is quite easy. Even it involves some fabrication to make it bolt up. Might not be OEM, but paint it yella and call it good.

Larry-

It boils down to what you want for your tractor. I understand what you're saying and a more modern actuator might be the right way for you. There has definitely been some discussion on the matter and electric lift is probably one of the less popular lift methods but IH had their reasons I'm sure.

For an idealic example of OTF...my bank calls me today to ask if I made a $125 fuel purchase in Hialeah, Fla around noon. Now this bank is 4 miles to my east here in central NC. It called my landline of 33 years 3 hours after this transaction so it's apparent I hadn't bought fuel being in NC at the time. I love my bank. I shall receive a new card this week and be reimbursed for that purchase. The sad news here is this isn't the first time. My bank caught it another time too. I was buying jewelry in Florida or something of the sort.

Wayne,

Have it mowing by the 4th???
You better keep your tail here in NC and out of Florida then!
roflol.gif

Attachments

• roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 106
Larry - besides all the electric stuff you also need a special rock shaft that has a lever on it for use with the electric lift. When the guy converted your tractor to the armstrong lift he also had to change it over to the standard rockshaft. I suspect it will be hard to find the electric lift style rockshaft.

Wayne - I'm hoping you have a break in your weather down there cause the 4th is coming quick.

Mike F - Hey I saw you changed your tag line. I've got some relatives coming this week, and a fence that's falling down, and the weeds are taking over my back yard, the cat converter on my truck is rattling like he- - , but I'll get to the K341A for the 169 over the next month or so. I gotta rebuild the carb, which doesn't take much, and I've been doing some touch up painting, and I've got the correct muffler to convert it over, so I'm still working on a few things.

Latest posts

Back