• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art and Larry: No problem!! Glad to help
ihrotate.gif

Richard and Kraig: -Really nice- work guys!!

Tim: Mine were locked up...LOL.

Bruce...
Way to go!! If that happened to me, I'd be buying a lottery ticket, as I'm 'prolly 1 for 20 on the broken tap scoreboard!!!

Had some fun last weekend with friends. I always wondered what kind of pulling power my Cub had, so we chained my 2 tractors together. Granted, the JD has turf tires, but I pulled it backwards the entire length of my yard all the while spinning tires like crazy!!! The Cub didn't bat an eyelash and pulled away. I'm wondering what I can pull next.....
94573.jpg

MATT G. & Richard C. - Magnets inside the rearend would help eliminate the amount of metal fragments in the oil but I'd worry about the magnet coming loose and finding it's way thru a set of gears. I doubt it would hurt the gears much would do a number on the bearings & seals. I'd just pop a good strong magnet on the outside of the rearend cover and maybe even on the front reduction gear cover on a gear drive and the filter on a Hydro.

Morning all there was somebody asking about changing a hydro to a gear drive ive almost completed changing mine over I started with a 124 and a 1450 surprisingly the only thing you have to fabricate is a bracket to hang the clutch on and lengthen the clutch adjustment rod everything thing else bolts right in if anybody want more detail let me know and just for the record I converted the 1450 to gear drive because I had I miner disagreement with the 124's motor this weekend there's some extra vent holes in the block know and the 1450's hydro pump was bad
beer2.gif

Brian, perhaps Don has his 129 set up for oval racing.
dunno.gif
My parts 149 had a really bad case of too much camber.
icon_eek.gif

94575.jpg

Last fall Art needed a wide frame axle so we did some trading and now he has that axle. But I kept the spindles, tires and wheels. The parts 149 now has a narrow frame axle in it.
proud.gif

94577.jpg

Bruce, good to hear you got that broken tap out.
thumbsup.gif

Heres a question. I have a 129. The trans/axle does not have any ports for the optional hydro lift. Was hydro lift not an option on the 10(109) & 12(129) hp models, was it just for the 14 & 16 hp? Did they make 2 different trans/axles? Why didnt they just plug them for manuel lifts? Can I drill & tap holes for ports? Does anyone know anything about this?Thanks, Dustin

Brian... ROTFLMAO!!!

Reminds me of years ago when the parents we getting a new septic system installed, and the 12x12 shed (which was built on a heavy-duty wooden base), had to be moved. My brother fastened a chain to it and prepared to drag it across the yard, out of the way. The contractor crew on the backhoe commented that "That'll never move that...". My brother eased into the hydro (149) to get it moving, then "dumped the 4-barrels", promptly relocating the shed in a quick-like fashion 250 feet away in less than 30 seconds, much to the shagrin of the non-believers...

Dustin, hydraulic lift was an option on the 109 and 129 but they didn't install the ported hydro on them unless they included the entire hydraulic lift. The 169 was supposed to have the hydraulic lift as standard but during the production run they ran short of some parts so they shipped some of them with a ported hydro but with a manual lift.

has anyone added these holes for the hydro lift? It look fairly easy. Was there a 14 hp 3-speed? I thought 14 & 16 hp were all hydros

Dustin S,

What Kraig said. It was optional on the 109 and 129's for added cost and the ported pump was part of that option. Non-ported pumps cost less so they were standard on those models. It would be best to find a used ported hydro pump if you want to add hydraulic lift to your 129. While similar in appearance, there a differences between a ported and non-ported pump and quite a bit of precision machining/drilling would be required along with the needed engineering specs to be able to know what was needed. Even if you had the engineering drawings, I'm not sure that you could turn a non-ported pump into a ported one as the manifolds may be different, but I don't know for certain.

Dustin, to further answer your question the face plates on the hydro's are quite different. It's been several years since I had the two side by side but it isn't a simple drill and tap to convert from non ported to ported.

Kraig,
I think those miniatures are from the same guy but the smaller tractor in your pics in an 8N Ford tractor.

Todd, thanks!
happy.gif
I was wondering what that smaller tractor was....

Thanks Roy, I will look again but I called myself looking real hard and I didn't see anything like you have pictured. Thanks for the info.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Gooid day all. Is the axel on a narrow frame Cub the same as a wide frame Cub ???
I found that the 129 has been welded and would use the axel from my 107 to replace it if its the same. Thanks Don T
stupid.gif

Been thinking about putting my 1650 motor in my 126 and vice versa I know its some work but also do able. (The 126 will become my narrow front 706) Started cutting my 106 fenders to make my 706 fenders a slow but steady approach on this project.

Got a new soon to be pops customized 12hp for my 106. Question here guys; how hard is it to rope start a 12hp engine?

Pops

Back