Archive through September 22, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bchalk

displayname
Brad Chalk
hello all. gonna change out the fluid in the 73 this week, is it ok to use carb, brake, or any spray cleaner inside the rear end. not really sure what i'm gonna find once i tear in to it.

Brad-
Sure it's fine. Usually I just hose it down with carb or brake cleaner, then either lift up the front of the tractor or scoop out the remaining fluid with my shop-rag to get most of the remaining fluid/junk out.

Richard-
...."after the first time you get hydro fluid all over the floor you get pretty good at cracking open the rear plate at the bottom into a large pan."
roflol.gif

I can use hy-tran in a gear drive, right?? that's what i gather from charlie's FAQ.

Richard C.-

It wouldn't be too hard to stick a magnet on the inside of the rear cover or something like that. I may do that next time I'm inside of one.

Brad...

Hopefully you'll find only hy-tran,
thumbsup_old.gif
not "Goo"
thumbdown.gif

Hey guys, I am trying to locate my static timing marks on my k321. I am looking through the sight hole under the s/g and rotating the engine and cannot see any marks on the flywheel. Are they just really hard to see or do all models have the marks?
nutbags.gif

yeah, been there, done that with my #1 129. couldn't complain too much b/c PO was my father-in-law!

Kraig – great job on your ORIGINAL.
beerchug.gif
You're setting the bar pretty high for me.

Kraiq when i get my 129 loader painted i won`t post a picture of the Cub because i know it won`t look like your job.
worthy.gif

I like this time of year because i get to use more than one Cub.
94501.jpg

and the 147
94502.jpg

Mike, thanks! Trust me, you're gonna be disappointed when/if you ever see it in person, it looks much better in the photos.
rolleyes.gif

Any tips on getting a steering wheel off my 100? Its on there pretty good. I've had PB on it for awhile now.

Michael, have you read the entry in the FAQ on steering wheel removal? It really works! Using this method I was able to remove a couple of steering wheels that wouldn't come off with other methods.

Don, I see on your 129 the front camber is in a bit. Mine is too. Is this normal? From the factory? Or are our spindles bent?

Brian a bent spindle on the right front is what is the problem. I don`t know what the po did .It will need to replace it before winter. Later Don T

Thanks Kraig, I give that a shot as soon as I get a bolt and nut to try it.

I won a small victory today, I managed to get the broken tap out of the engine this afternoon. I got some diamond bits for the Dremel, but they didn't really remove a whole lot of material. I was more or less able to get the broken part of the tap more or less level, then I heated it up with the MAPP torch, and stuck a pair of needle nose pliers into the space between the flutes of the tap. Eventually I was able to get it to move a tiny bit, then I applied a couple more cycles of heat and eventually was able to unscrew the whole thing. The top quarter inch of threads is a bit messy, but there should be enough thread deeper in the block to hold things tight.

I don't want to go through that again!
bash.gif

Kraig - Great job on your Original. Also thanks for all of the detail shots - great to refer to when we go to paint our own stuff.
buttrock.gif

Todd,the SP letters can be hard to see. Just above the letters will be a groove which you line up with the raised mark next to the sight hole. My flywheel also had DO (or DC?) letters also with a groove. So be careful you line up the correct letters/groove. I applied White-Out to the correct groove to make it easier timing the engine. I also removed the S/G and was installing Kirk's PointSavers, but at the least you probably need a mirror to see the marks in the sight hole with the S/G mounted.

Roy Najecki

94565.jpg
94566.jpg
94567.jpg

went to the centerburg ohio old time farming festival sunday, more tractors than I have ever seen in one place. only saw 1 lowboy and 1 farmall cub where are all you ohio guys hiding your cubs?

Latest posts

Back