• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 20, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What belt should I be using for the QA42A? None of the parts places list a belt for the 1x8/9 tractors. Cub Cadet does not either. I'm confused.

Anyone know?

I got the part number there, but when it pulled up at cub, it does not list these tractors. Found this belt crossed at NAPA, so I am going to get it.

Now the previous owner drilled out the mounting pins where it attaches in the front. Can I simply make a rod to go through the holes, similar to the mule drive mount for the deck? Why he would have drilled it out is beyond me. I am guessing 3/8 or 1/2 stell and then cut to length and drill out the ends to put a key in.

Anything that might cause it to not work?

Todd I.-

The belt in the link I posted is the correct one...it works. I used it on my 1450 for several seasons. Take the NAPA belt back; it will not last.

213540.jpg

had to show off this one from our show this past weekend

1963 nice tractor he had some parts that i bought as well

213547.jpg

Just what are the conditions that towing a 1450 can be done? If I remember correctly, the manual says not to tow. Zero. In the past I've left my machine an acre out and tarp covered until I could get to it. But I've recently seen (September 20) a picture on this site of a 1450 being towed by an ATV with apparently no harm. Am I missing something or misread?

Chris, good looking Original!
greenthumb.gif

Gary, I bet there's all sorts of stuff that we do to our Cub Cadets that the various manuals say not to do.
blush.gif
Tow at your own risk. I believe that if you keep it to a minimum and keep the speed down you should be OK. Just keep in mind that while you're towing no fresh cool Hy-Tran is getting to the internal parts of the hydro to keep it lubricated...

213549.jpg

213550.jpg

will a wiring harness from a 123 fit in a 107 or not? i dont think so but i wanted to ask

Latest posts

Back