• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 20, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Well MTD/CCC has done it again, LOL
Last Wednesday I ordered 10 of these,
213504.jpg

Today, they come. And inside the boxes are a bunch of freakin parts! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
But they are nice enough to give you instructions!
213505.jpg

I was cleaning the carb out on my 123. This carb was gummed up something terrible. Half of the bowl was filled with the varnish (tar). I was taking the rest of the carb apart and ended up pulling the throttle valve out. In the process a twisted off one of the screw heads that hold it onto the throttle shaft and lever assembly. I wish I would of left it all alone and just cleaned around the shaft. It had it listed as step 6 in the disassembly of the carb in the 123 manual. Do you guys think it would be easiest to drilthe hole out and insert a bolt, or will it be necessary to re-thread and replace the screw. I am trying to get this thing up and running without to much money involved, I just need to avoid doing stupid mistakes like that one. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Hello Curtis - been there, done that, got the screw driver award. I haven't work on one in over 10 years but as I recall they use loctite on the screws (apparently so they don't come loose and get sucked into the engine). I believe the rebuild kit even includes a little loctite to use when replacing the screws. What I don't recall is if the kit includes NEW SCREWS. Since the original screws are almost always brass I believe you can drill them out slowly and carefully, and manage to save the threads. The new screw may even be sorta self tapping since I don't recall ever re-threading. Suggest you check with your friendly dealer to see if he has a spare screw, or worst case, if there are screws included in the repair kit, or maybe one of the guys on here will know. Stick with it, take your time, and I believe you can get it done without bouncing off the walls or having thoughts of using a BIG hammer.

Charlie - would it have something to do with the whole clutch being cheaper than ordering the individual repair parts????? I see the kit lists "Item 14" which is the assembly set up gauge - and I think you really only need the gauge if you're assembling the clutch (shouldn't this have been dead give away to you???).

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die (and I just posted one looking for a new home)

Harry Bursell

Hello there, where have you been lol.

Charlie
I think now is the time to ask a question on PTO`s that has been bugging me for a few years. Is it a listed part (3) in your picture. can the spring be bought separate.?? I need about six of those springs for PTO kits I have here.?????
old.gif

Hello everyone. New guy here and my first post. I just bought my first Cub Cadet, an 1961 Original. I plan to restore it all. My first problem is a bad carb. It is corroded inside badly, with areas missing. Does Walbro make a replace4ment carb for this?

Curtis marshall, your local napa store can get you a kit to replace the shaft and screws on your carb.I found it in the small engine parts book. part #25 757 15-s or 16-s depending on the carb size.paul h.

got the piston cleaned up and saw that it said 0.20 on the top of it. so i was thinking that whoever bored it out left the original rings on the piston and thats how the oil had the extra room to get pushed into the firing chamber. might pull the tranny today and clean it off and wash it up. Happy cubbin!
ihrotate.gif

ps.will a wiring harness from a 123 fit in a 107? i think there are less wires on the 123 harness..

Michael Glenn, WELCOME!
wave.gif
groupwave.gif
wave.gif

See the colorful boxes at the top of the page? If you click on those they will take you to the various forum sponsors. Some of them sell used parts if they don't have a used carb you can place an add in the forum classifieds. Not sure if a carb is still available new but if so I bet it'd be expen$ive!

Lucas-

Any good hardware store would also have those taps and screws. 'That guy' was in jail not too long ago...I'm not sure I'd want to be giving him any of my money.

Harry/Curtis-

Those brass screws didn't have any loc-tite on them, but the exposed ends of the screws were peened over. If that is filed off, they are easy to remove. Never re-use them though...they are very weak and seem to twist a bit the first time they are removed, and then twist off when they are reinstalled.

Michael G.-

Welcome! Walbro probably makes a carb for it, but it'll be a non-adjustable POS. I would put in a want ad in the classifieds for a good, used carb.

Josh O.-

Oversize pistons come with matching rings, so that doesn't really make any sense unless it was a factory oops, and the guy putting the rings on the piston didn't bother to put them in the bore and check the ring gap. You need to do that to see if they are correct and within spec.

Lucas,
"That guy" as you put it, is pretty well known among sites like this, but, there are rumors that he was/is in jail.

Matt,
Was it ever determined "that guy" was the same one who was incarcerated?

PSA

Ok, we're pretty close to being back to normal on the login thing. Or as normal as WE get!

EVERYONE must edit their profiles to UNCHECK the box that says Clear the cookie when I exit my browser!

That will put us back to NOT having to login every time we post or exit and renter the site. Even after you shut your machines off!

If he's still in Farmington, I could go see him - Farmington is just about 18 miles from me, not that I want to. He could rot in jail if he's guilty of what he's charged with.

Still looking for number 3 .Get me 12 of those and i`ll be happy.IS this realy
animatedihbear.gif

Frank

Coasters lol.

I have so much to do.Come over and help lol
213531.jpg

This was a few years ago.I have added a few more. Rebuild some thing worth it and Make some one happy.You just can`t have just one ,Once you get a few attachments you will hate to change your setting from the last use. I think you need at least 4 lol.
old.gif

Hey, Harry, good to see your name again

Brian Miller...wasn't active on this list at one time?

Could a bad solenoid cause battery drain?

I have a 122, that has been sitting all summer, too many things going on this year, the battery was new in spring, I put the charger on it last night and today when I put the key in and turned, it turned over once nothing.

Latest posts

Back