• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 12, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ryan.

<font size="+1"><font face="courier new,courier">HY-TRAN</font></font>

Ryan W & Others.
Note: Hy-Tran is a registered trademark of the CNH Corporation (they acquired it in the IH buy-out). Therefore, though made and packaged by the same company, Cub Cadet must call it by it's generic name: Hydraulic-Transmission Fluid. It will have the name printed in a red stripe. Other versions from Cub Cadet will use a green stripe and say something like Drive Fluid. Only use the Hydraulic-Transmission Fluid in the container with the red stripe for the original IH version. Hy-Tran from CNH can also be used, it's just that you can't buy it by that name from Cub Cadet.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Ryan:

Here is the oil Myron is talking about. Either is acceptable.

40965.jpg

40966.jpg

Make sure you use Hy-tran or Hydraulic transmission fliud ( red lable) in the older IH cub cadets and <u>NOT</u> the hydrauulic drive fluid with the <u><font color="119911">GREEN</font></u>\ lable as it is only for the newer MTD built cub cadets.
At least that is what I was told by my local cub cadet dealer.

Mike F.
NO ONE to date has ever really went into the REAL what's and why's on Hytran that I know of other than the water/moisture retention properties.

I'd like to see something in black and white that tells the WHOLE real story.
thumbsup_old.gif

ONCE AGAIN!
<font color="ff0000">Any member that got poofed right before the big move, please re-register. And sorry for the inconvenience!!!!</font>

Tire Question.

Is there any one brand of windshield washer fluid that is recomended for useing when filling the rear tires on a cub for added weight?

I need to add more weight, fluid seems to be the way to go, but I don't want to have a frozen block of ice in my tires this winter when its time to plow snow either.

Charlie P. Let's see... if'n I took Friday off... Kraig could clerk..you and Dennis be the bidders and I'll try to ...how's it go yet?... }One dollar bid... now two> Got two ... make it three. Anyone three. Now three... two now three. One more time three. SOLD!!! What's your number?
There would definitely be some bargains for us. Cash only and all items to be removed during the night.
biggrin.gif

Lonny,
Your better off going with any RV anti-freeze. It's easier on the wheels and better on the ground if ya spring a leak.

Marlin,
I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that there's going to be some real bargins friday. They are going to have to really move along to sell all those tractors in one day!

Thanks Digger.
I had thought about RV anti-freeze, but was not sure about the affects it had on the rims.

Charlie. I volunteer to auction the Cubs and Masseys then. Again... cash. Pay Kraig and we split the profits afterwards. Now we need a spotter. I promise to move right along.
biggrin.gif
I believe in the "move it or lose system" for an auction like that. I've heard of an auction place in Missouri that sells four items a minute. They have to. And the stuff still brings good prices.

Lonny,
As far as I know the only good way to stop the rims from rusting is a thick powder coated rim or marine epoxy primer and paint. But then again, I've been known to be wrong before.
beerchug.gif

Jeffery B.

I don't have the answer to your KT17 question, but it's to bad you didn't have an oil question?

NAPA sells Tractor Hydraulic/Hydraulic Transmission Fluid, that meets/exceeds IH, and John Deere, as well as other equipment manufactures requirements. It is $15 for a 5 gallon bucket.

I don't know if it is 'the same' as Hy-Tran, or like the 'green label' CC fluid, but I'm going to find out
thumbsup.gif

The last time I needed fluid, I bought the CC Hydraulic/Transmission fluid...I don't mind supporting Cub Cadet dealers/MTD to an extent...but at almost $6 a quart...that's just BS!!

Hy-Tran Ultra from the IH dealer is $11/gal, and that's BS too......I mean come on, we all know Case/IH (New Holland or whatever) and MTD do not have their own refineries, and don't produce their own hydraulic fluid...it is made by an independant source, to the old IH/MTD specs, and put in a container with their respective logos.

And we all complain about the gas prices.......

Man, you guys are buyin at the wrong place!
In todays paper,
40973.jpg

Course when you buy it like this, the price drops to $4.10 a gallon.
40974.jpg

And ya get 50 bucks back on the barrel return too.

HyTran and IH engine oils are made by VISCOSITY OIL according to Apostle Ken from the RPM forums. Viscosity has a nice website too.
Also, HyTran works opposite JD's TransGard oil which does not absorb water. I have no idea who makes JD's oils but I know someone who either does or can find out....
CHARLIE - Back at FARMALL they used to fill & flush the rearends of all the tractors they assembled.... and I think a Hydro 186 held something over 50 gallons of HyTran.... and the 10, 14, & 1586's were 40-Plus if I remember right... We used a LOT of HyTran building 125 to 145 tractors a day...

BTW, anyone thinking about coming to the auction this weekend or having someone else bid for them.
MAKE SURE to look under the tractor really well for any damage. They are using fork lifts to move these tractors around!

Latest posts

Back