• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russ,

They use a woodruff key and they can be a real bear if stuck on, penetrating oil, bars under the pulley, etc.....whatever it takes....

Hello, new guy here...

I picked up a 104 @ work for $50. It's complete with a mower deck and a snowplow. What it doesn't have is a wiring harness, it seems as though it grounded out and fried the whole thing. Does anyone have a schematic or a diagram showing what the harness should look like. If possible, I can get an email address if it's too big to post here. I searched the FAQ and there's no wiring questions.

Thanks for a great site, I'll probably be here alot til I get this thing running!

Jay

Jason K.
Welcome to the forum.
thumbsup_old.gif

If you will click the FAQ link above, you will find some great stuff about your Cub.
Then click the other link to Cubfaq.com and you will be taken here, http://cubfaq.com/questions.html
There you will find your wiring diagram.
bubbly.gif

Scott,
Appreciate the feedback on your 149 electric PTO setup. If you just happen to be where you have a pic handy, I'd like to see it. I think I can kind of picture the strap approach to holding the electric PTO's mounting frame. Seems like that's a good idea, as it would only have to hold the force of the non-engaged case of the PTO, right? And that would work out for running a little off the shaft, so far as aliging, I guess. I'm going to look at my just-decesased 1604 (aka 582 special) PTO to see if I can picture what you were doing on removing the housing metal.
Thanks much for the info,
Russ

Steve,
Thanks for the feedback on the pulley. I may make another run at the pulley, then. Pry bars underneath was what I was doing, but I only soaked it with penatrating oil for a few hours the last time. Maybe I'll give it a good daily soaking for a few days and try it again. Guess I could put a little heat on it if necessary. But I thought I'd poll you fellows first, and I think I'll make another cold run first.
Thanks again,
Russ

Russell - Use a propane torch or heat gun to heat it up around the pulley hub <u>don't cook it</u> just get it kinda hot then put the penetrating oil of your choice to it, the heat will draw it in.

Charlie - Just roll up the sidewalk and go to bed then ! See if I care !! I'll keep the gears greased and the world turning...

LONNIE B. - Another drawback on the taller sides is it's that much taller to pitch the clippings/leaves up onto the rack. If your getting six dumps with Your big sweeper I think Your in good shape. I had to stand up & compress the clipping to even get Three in My cart.

With My home-made lawn vac I built AFTER I lost Son's help when He started playing football, working, etc. on weekends the cart with the enclosure is about 36" tall X 32" wide X 42" long and the blower really packs the thing full! Saturday I had to DIG handfulls of clippings out after they settled and packed down. I probably had between 700-800 pounds of stuff in My 500# cap. cart!

Russell, here are the photos of Scott T's PTO setup. Scott will have to do the explaining.

64870.jpg

64871.jpg

64872.jpg

64873.jpg

64874.jpg

64875.jpg

64876.jpg

64877.jpg

64878.jpg

As some of you may notice,
the CC Specialties Sponsor button is back.

Travis did want me to thank everyone for their patronage and support in the past. He's moved on to bigger and better things. He's not totally out of Cubs just yet, but wants to concentrate on other things.

I've taken over the ownership and have also added many new items. I've also lowered many of the prices and will continue to do so.

There will be more items added almost daily to bring it up to the one of the most complete source for Cub Cadet Parts on the web.

I've worked out deals with many suppliers for NOS, New and used parts, so there should be something for everyone.

As it stands right now, we've got the greatest bunch of people for sponsors you could ask for, so please check them out when the need arises, you won't be disappointed!

Charlie,

Congrats on your new business venture with CC Specialties.

LUCY!! You've got some 'splaining to do!!!
cwm.gif

Thanks for finding the pics, Kraig.. I saved them on my work pc...

As far as the pics, you can see the machined adapter. The strap, or chain as I use, goes from the ear of the clutch to the frame on the carb side of the tractor, to the grill shell to frame bolt. The electrics I have running through a relay, using the old PTO switch to activate the relay. It is also interlocked through the ignition switch so that it won't crank or start with the PTO engaged. The stock engage lever on the right of the tractor works the same as with the mechanical clutch. I removed the stock clutch pivot arm from the tractor entirely... HTH

PS.. I use an "A" section belt, even though this is a B section pulley, for the mower only. For the thrower and tiller, I use a B section... the mule drive pulleys were also upgraded to B section style...

Charlie:
So.....ya didn't have enough to keep ya busy????
Congrats and good luck ! (Its a sure sign of the success and popularity of our hobby/avocation/mania to see as many vendors available as we've got !!!)
thumbsup.gif

Anyone have the dimensions on the chute adjustment bar for a QA42 snowthrower? the support part too!

Just a bent 3/8" rod if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks!

Kraig and Scott,
Thanks much for the pics and explainin'... That's some pretty clever approaches there, seems like. I like the extension on the shaft deal... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have figured out that approach. I have to admit, the less prudent part of me considered a direct connect set of pulleys (one for the starter-gen, and one for the deck drive) with no clutch at all... just crank and the deck's on. No kids or pets around the house, so, it'd just be me watching out for my toes. But, that's close to putting pennies in the fusebox, probably.
Thanks again for all the info and pics. That'll save me some studying, or figuring (as we call it down here), and certianly a few bad attempts.
Russell

Latest posts

Back