• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through September 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfrisk

displayname
Dennis Frisk
DAVE - NOS means New Old Stock or Genuine International Harvester manufactured parts.

<font size="-2">In my situation, it stands for "Both Ron and Denny type faster than I!"</font>

destroy.gif
crash.gif
bash.gif

Charlie,

Thanks for the pictures of the Lift Quik. That brings back some memories of our dealership years. I built a similar lift from scrap metal using such a picture as a project for my metal shop class in High School. Would have been around 1978 or 79. Still have it and use it occasionally when I need to work on my Cubby back home on the farm. It works pretty good. Made mine so I could put castor wheels on each corner to easily move it around and it was really useful for loading and unloading Cubbies into and out of pickups.

Charlie,

That's a vibrational tachometer for measuring RPM's. Hold on the frame or engine and it will pick up the vibrations and equate that to RPM's. I think they work on the tuning fork principle. We used them more for checking the RPM's of cream separators to set the mercury governor switch due to the high RPM's separators need to run at but you could use them on Cubbies, tractors or other rotating machinery as well.

CHARLIE, RON - I bought a photo-lazer equipped digital read-out electronic tach off the Internet a couple weeks ago....set the engine speed on the 72...I guessed it was running 3000-3200 and I was close....3300 no-load. It's set to 3800 no-load now.... I thought it was affordable enough....$28.00 plus a couple Bucks shipping & handling...maybe $35 total. And it'll work on ANYTHING that moves...down to something less than 5 RPM by 1/10th RPM increments.

ART - We're just glad to see You posting occasionally, slow typing or not....
ihrotate.gif

Here's that Standco Tach. Believe it or not, you can still buy it!
64857.jpg

And here's the manual that the lift and tach are shown in.
64858.jpg

CHARLIE - That's the one I got too! I also got a newer RAY-TEK infared temp gun.... Son found out the hard way the PC board in the old one was not protected very well from Very High frequency EMI. The High Freq. start on the TIG welder got to it.... The new one is stored ANYPLACE besides the shop when the TIG gets turned on now!

Thanks for all the emails and help, I have fixed the PTO and as soon as battery is charged i`ll give her a try. Thanks again, Don

Ok- strange question here.

A few years ago, I bought a ERTL pressed aluminum Cub Cadet PERDAL TRACTOR. It's not plastic, and looks to have logos from the Quiet Line days... Long story short- are these things around still? I've never been able to find ANY info on mine.

I have a late model (early 80s probably) set of New Old Stock 38” deck kits (came in a crate from a closed down dealer who ebayed them), complete with undercarriage for wideframe, muledrive, belt, and manual. I also have a 149 that I’m about to get running again. The 149 came to me running good, but without any deck, mule drive, or undercarriage. So, I’d like to put one of the 38” deck kits on it. But, the mechanical PTO on the 149 has the 1/2” belt size PTO, and the 38” decks have 5/8” drive pulleys (and idlers on the mule drive). From a previous forum topic, I’m thinking that I can’t put an electric PTO (which had the 5/8” belt by default) on my 149’s Kohler (no PTO mounting holes on the Kohler, until after the 1x9 series). So, I think it makes sense now to change to 1/2” on the idlers of the mule drive and deck main drive pulley. Anybody gone thru this line of thought and have strong feelings about a path? Also, is there a really bullet proof trick to freeing up the main pulley on the deck spindle? It seemed real rooted to it (even though it’d never been put in use) back a few years ago when I last tried penetrating oil and leveraging under it with bars. I’d like to go ahead and be hunting a path to a 1/2” pulley for the deck.

Dennis.
I am debateing on weather or not to build taller sides for the hay wagon.
It takes 6 sweeper dumps to fill the hay wagon, but by that time I am ready for another cold one (mountian dew).
I rather enjoy making a few more trips to the compost pile any how, more seat time per tractor that way.

Russ

With the right adapter, anything is possible.. I have an electric PTO on my 149, it floats on the shaft, and it keeps from spinning via a strap from the clutch to the frame. Been running that setup since '93 w/o issues... I don't have a pic handy, but Kraig might have one of my setup. I use mine w/ the factory pulley, but I had to cut off the old clutch disk housing. the Clutch sits a little off of the end of the shaft, so I had to machine an extension. I'll post a pic when I get home if I can...

Anyone know of a good place to get tires.

23 x 10.5 -12
16.5 x 6.5 - 8

My 149 needs some new rubber among other things.

anyone happen to have a torque curve for a KT17S perferably a series I.

Thanks,

Jim

No curve, but they are rated for 26.4 Lb-ft @2800 RPM, peak torque.

Latest posts

Back