Archive through September 08, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sblunier

displayname
Steve Blunier "Mr. Plow" (Central IL)
Rich T.

Yes, right side from seat.

Inner gear should turn with shaft, if it doesn't, your pump drive pin is gone.

Trunion roll pin missing would cause a self acceleration/run away not a no movement situation.

Anyone ever encountered a tweaked mower deck and managed to fix it? I'm in the middle of trying to overhaul the 48" version 2 deck, and I finally figured out that the right rear corner of the deck hangs low while the left front corner hangs high. Pushing down the high corner or lifting the low one results in the condition transferring to the left rear and right front. It's like a cheap baking sheet, and I'm a bit hung up on how to get it to stay flat so that I can patch up the rusted and mangled spots which are allowing it to flex.

Eric C,
that same seller had a 100 for sale, so that should help you ID the thrower...

Scott T.
Yeah he has a 100 he is keeping. But he couldn't tell me what model the blower was. I wanted to know so I could make sure there are parts available if I should need them.

Anybody notice something about the first two ads of the original posted by Kraig yesterday? I'll give you a hint. The tractor is sitting in exactly the same position. Notice the tree behind the rear wheel. Look real close and you will see even the mud on the tires is in the same place. Wonder where the mud came from? They must have took turns taking the pics. They even leaned forward to make it look like they were moving. Nice!!!

Yea, good eye. You can tell the artist blocked out some of the background and tried to clean it up.
Although, that right front looks flat with the rendering.

Marty, your right! They moved the camera closer (or zoomed in) and changed the film and driver! You can see the trailer tongue on the right too! GOOD EYE! WOW!

A couple of the infamous rear forks test videos, LOL
230166.jpg

CLICK HERE for Rear Fork video

And this is what happens when your going to fast and your hand hits the lift handle by mistake!
CLICK HERE for Rear Fork video FAIL

Ya know that post of a L&G Tractor ride sound interesting.......They were all about the same speed. Maybe someting might be set up some day for a ride.

Charlie, whats the group of buildings down the road from you? Looks like a storage locker or something with a fence around it.

Guys and Gals, I am confused.

For sale is a 42" front blade assembly off of a 682 that was built by CCC but sold as IH (Red, 1984).

I am trying to see if it would fit a 1980 IH built 782. I research the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup and there are two mounting packages, 316 and 377. They have different subframe assemblies and lift rods. How am I to know what fits?

In the tractor parts they usually have different listings by tractor serial numbers. But in the Attachment section I could not find it.

Am I missing something?
Also, how do I go back a page in the Parts Lookup without starting over?

TIA,

Ken

If it's from a 682, it will fit a 782. I don't know why they put the 316 subframe in there, as that's for the much later 'cyclops' tractors.

Thanks Matt,

I knew that CCC started making changes to the 82's. I thought that one change was the rock shaft/implement lift mechanism. So, I was afraid that there were differences that I needed to know, but could not find.

The blade owner said that he tried to install it on a 782 and it would not fit. I dunno, he might of been just blowing smoke. ???

Ken-

He doesn't know what he's talking about. They made some small changes to the frame and rockshaft, but the interfaces for the front mount attachments are the same. The lift rod is probably different, but that's it.

Charlie P. At least your hand didn't hit the loader joystick like the owner's 2 or 3 year old son did in these pictures while traveling in road gear with a semi-trailer load of round bales hooked behind.

230175.jpg

230176.jpg

230177.jpg

It happened in Canada about four to five years ago. Tractor didn't have ten hours on it. More like under five if I recall correctly. Son accidently hit the joystick. He was thrown through the windshield. Dad stayed in cab. Neither seriously hurt. Tractor was turned over to insurance company.

Rich T. Keep checking into things and hang in there. You don't have any plugged holes do you?

And for those curious.... No, I am NOT going to take apart one of my spare 15Us just do do a write up on how to R&R them. They work just fine the way they are.

Have a good day. It's FRIDAY!!!

MARLIN - I always have to chuckle when I see the pic of that tractor. I didn't realize it was soo new.

Other than the fact that NONE of the wheels are still touching the ground it sure would be a compact little loader tractor for getting around in tight spaces,... And not take up much shed space.

Back when I was rebuilding Hydro's on a regular basis I did a write up along with pictures on the procedure I used. It was hand written and I never got around to typing it up. I'm on the road right now but when I get home I'll see if I can get it typed up and let Charlie look at it, and see if he wants to put it in the FAQ's

Best wishes a prayers to all who were touched by this event.

230181.jpg

230182.jpg

Sorry I've been away for so long, miss the get together's Hope all of you are doing well!!

Kraig, Robert Booker -

For some years I've had Original sn 6768 and the deck that came with it is still all white (with a little brown here and there...)

It only has the IH decal, and a "Safety First" decal with no other markings. I know later decks had the blade orientation decal too.

Latest posts

Back