• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
96212.jpg

David are you talking about where the pin labeled #3 is inserted and at the end of #S 7&8 ?. By no means am I an expert but Id have to say How much material will have to be removed and How much will be left? will it substantially weaken the brackets?I have a 123 and a #1 tiller but i have the gear box made for it.Personally id take the loss and get the correct one,just my opinion!Are you able to post some pics?I dont know the difference in the gear box for the # 2 tiller.Im sure there are others on here that are far more Qualified than I and hopefully they will help you out!!

Allen thank you I will do so!Im not in the money at the moment but i was just checkin availibility and price and makin notes for when im ready to purchase the seals and gaskets

TODD - After removing the cam gear cover all You would need is a flashlight. The first gear is right across the crankshaft from the camshaft but the second gear is pretty well hidden up in the corner of the block.

EVAN - Yep, We Love Smoke. Just all kinds of little personal touches on those tractors. Great Work!

KRAIG - I think that pic. of Chris Busch & I @ PD #1 got several captions but I don't remember that one in particular. It fits!
lol.gif
That's what happens with these darned old Cubbies, they last so long (I'll soon have had the 72 for 28 years!) that the little changes & improvements add up.
ihrotate.gif

I agree with Dennis, love smoke. Smokey Videos with sound even more!

Good Morning Gents, I got the 169 home yesterday. It has a bearing out on the starter / generator; I'll tackle that this morning. Plan to post pics later today.

Reggie

Kraig, those were swell pics and measurements you got for Kevin there... how about some for a 100's grille?
whistling.gif
I'd sure appreciate it!

I was told by my nieghbor who used to work on Cubs that the 10hp Kohler engines did not have the balance gears. Is it safe to say that he's wrong? It does make the 106 move a little at idle and I havent noticed a difference at full throttle.

I don't about you guys but I think Evan's custom 582 puller looks pretty impressive. I've often times wished that Cub Cadet would have continued the red 982 super garden tractor of course with some modern updates like the tilt/power steering upgrades that the later super garden tractors had. A foot control hydro would have been nice.

I think MTD and the Case IH dealers could sell a ton of the super garden tractors with that Case Magnun styling. I like the yellow Cadets as well, but a 982 with fresh red paint is just hard to beat. I think an updated and restyled 982 would sell and perform quite respectably right beside the best that the other manufacturer with green paint puts out today.

David.

The pins on the tiller gearbox, are they the ones at the top that are permanently mounted to the bracket? I have a #2 tiller and have used it on my Dad's 149 with a gearbox for his #1 and everything matched up. I didn't think there was a difference between the two other than being able to adjust the width.

My brother's Toro WheelHorse. A dead cell in the battery kept it from starting. For the record: We're going IN to the CubHouse!
coffee.gif

board-post.pl

Latest posts

Back