• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmotuzick

displayname
Joe Motuzick
Ok i had to post now that i up-dated my profile!
Mark
your welcome to meet up with us in Kent CT next spring i've added you to my list and may send you a note in the spring.

ok back to just lurkin
Joe

I have been enjoying reading the forum for several years and recently joined. I have a 982 cub cadet question I hope someone can answer.

Will the CAT "O" hitch and rear PTO interchange between the cast iron rearend 982's and the aluminum rearend 982's ?

Thanks,
Kent

Don't have "TFM" for my 782D yet, but have a question. Is the coooing fan for the trans the same on the 782D and the Standard 782??

Kent, the PTO won't because the back plate is completely different. The 3pt will, but the bottom hitch plate is different.

With all the talk of 169's I keep thinking about mine and all that can be done . . . . . .

Does a 169 have a collector value in original condition, I mean significant? Reason I ask is because sometime I'd love to put an internal brake rearend and dual hydraulics on it, but at times I also wonder if it would diminish it's value (then again, it's like I'd ever sell it)

On the flip side I try to think about other IH tractors, sorts of oddballs like a 1568, would it hurt it's value if someone added turbos, probably not, probably wouldn't hurt it to add more remotes. It wouldn't be as original but much more useable.

. . . . . . maybe I've talked myself into it . . . .

OK, I know the skinnier tire will get better traction. That wasn't really my question. I was wondering how well that type of tread would bite. I got Vampires on the diesel. I had to air them up a lot to get the beads to quit leaking washer fluid. Robb and I let some air pressure out of them at PD6, and the traction was a LOT better. I was actually pleased with them unless I got in a skinny furrow.

Aaytay; don't sell this forum short on pros,in my book almost all here are.
I still need to get a clutch hub for Kohler M18s and a power takeoff for mower, has anyone ever put one of these engin's in a Cub or am I wasteing time.

Larry, professional just means you're getting paid
err.gif

Travis, I'll bet they bite like my ex-wife chews,
<font size="-2">boy would that be off topic to finish</font>
It's really hard to say what a tire will do till you try it. That looks like a very aggressive tread which should work very well in a lot of situations. Mabey Peat or sand might not be thier best place, good black dirt and clay I'll bet they'd break all the parts you'd want, but heck what do I know.

Thanks so much guys for all the information in locking up the differential. With all this information, I am sure I can come up with something to get ready for my winter snowblower duties on a steep driveway. Wonderful stuff here.
Daryl

Daryl, keep us posted. I want to do the same thing on a plow tractor I'm building. I'd like to get going again on it here in a couple weeks. Guess I better get an engine going. Oh Don?????

Larry E-
You don't mention what model cub you're thinking about putting the M18 into, but my (slightly off-topic) 1872 came from the factory with an M18 in it.
13498.jpg

An 1872 is basically just a 982 that's painted yellow and has the M18 and power-steering, so if you're looking to drop it into an '82 series, yer good to go as long as it's got the right spec number...

Keep in mind that the PTO on this tractor is set up for a 5/8" pulley, so if you use the Cub spec PTO, you'd better be running the right implements or be ready to replace some pulleys.

Looking at the map...

We really need somebody to host a PD in Rockford, IL........Between Travis, Cub Connection and/or Jonathan, Bluniers, and a potential Rockford, IL site we would have the area pretty well covered. PA plow day takes care of a lot of the east coast...left coast is spread pretty thin.

WFM Spring Break and Jordan show helps out the northern guys some too!!

I am willing to go down to Rockfor IA again next year, but any further south and I would have to realy thing about going. I did not mind the 4 1/2 hour drive each way.

A question for the group if it is allowable.
Has anyone tried installing a sleeve hitch and lower bracker on a series 2000 cub cadet.
I have a 2186 and would like to use my back blade, cultivator and plow on this 18 hp tractor, not just mow grass and till the garden.

Bryan,
I seem to remember some time ago either Juha or Gunnar buying a replacement hydro gearbox from one of the dealers or forum members.

Perhaps they would still have his details so that my pin won’t be the only one this side of the pond.

Jared Piacenti:
You asked about Titan Tru-Power tires and where we're buying them. I think a good number of us have purchased them through Cedar Rapids Tire. I've recently found that there are other places to buy them even cheaper. For example, I just picked up a pair of new Firestone 26x12-12 23 deg ags last week, the 4-ply model, and paid considerably less (sales tax included) than CR tires asking price for the tires only, without shipping. The place where I bought them also handles Titans. Earlier this week I picked up a pair of new Titan 16x6.50-8 Multi-Trac C/S and got change back from a $50, again that includes sales tax. I think CRT is higher than that on this tire, too.

I saw from your profile you live in ILL, but I don't know where in the state. If you want to make a drive to the Quad Cities, I'll steer you in the right direction.

Good luck,
Keith

On other Cub-related news, I finished painting all the pieces and parts of my Brinly Cat 0 disk last night. I hope to do some assembly this weekend. It really cleaned up nicely and should make a great piece when completed.

On the decal front, I contacted HAPCO and they've provided me with nice repro "Brinly" decals. I was fortunate in that the serial number decal came off without damage.
Do you folks with auto body experience out there know of any double-sided tape that would work to reapply the original decal??? And have it survive in this type of installation?

I sure would appreciate any suggestions that you may have.

Keith

Keith E,
Not sure about a tape thin enough, but 3M probably has one. What about a spray adhesive? Both would be available through a body shop or their supplier. Rubber cement will even work as a light duty contact cement (apply to both surfaces, let tack, then press together), plus you can just rub off anything that's still showing outside the decal. Try anything on a piece of scrap first.

Back