• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 30, 2003

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig- Do you happen to have the pic that shows how to measure the cut of a plow? Trying to explain how to measure one to someone who doesn't know the parts is kinda hard.

Looks like a John B. special there!

Here ya go...
13510.jpg

Hey, Ryan, if the 105 acts up any more, you can always give it to me. You KNOW I'll care for it properly....

I was over at the neighbor's having a beer this afternoon. The guy who put me onto the Cat 0 stuff I'm working on right now stopped by. I think we're going to take a trip in the morning to the place from which this stuff came. I'm hopin' to score some more stuff. Wee Ooohhh.

Charlie.

Yeah... that is kinda sad when those same stations constantly state they want to be part of your event. Oh well that is their loss.

Ryan.

I think Keith has a good idea on your 105. It needs an Iowa home. (The constant thought of being close to Travis' will make it run like new.)

To replace decals that have been removed, I use two-part epoxy. It takes a while to dry but it is long lasting. In some cases you may have to tape the decal in place till the epoxy sets up.
To install a decal on a 149/169 steering wheel you should cut a thin piece of metal to fit the decal. Put the decal on the piece of metal, then use epoxy to attach the metal to the wheel. Some people use a small screw but the epoxy will do the job if you let it dry overnight.
Ben

Joe Motuzick - Somehow I missed your post earlier. Kent sounds good for the spring. I'll be in Waltham MA at the Microsoft office on Tuesday, but I'll be there pretty late and it's a 3 1/2 hour drive back to Rhinebeck. I'll shoot you an email off line.
Took pictures of my 124 and just need to get the pictures developed and scanned to post. No digital camera yet.

Marlin:
Please don't be misled. Ryan knows that if I had that 105 here it would be in parts in (here's one for the older guys) "two shakes of a cat's tail". Ryan hates it because I'll part out anything. He's certainly more of a romantic when it comes to keeping tractors in one piece. In his eyes, I could be considered a butcher.

Travis:
With looks like yours, you COULD scare something to life...or is that death. Hell, I can't remember. It is Halloween! :eek:)

Steve B,
Thanks for the pics. I saved them this time.
I wondered how to get around the steering column.
I didn't have a QL to look at for reference.
My 782 has dual hyd but the shaft for the levers
is in front of the column on it. That gives me a starting point.

I'm going to try to post a pic of my NF ported
pump setup but the files may be too big.
13515.jpg

It worked!
here are a couple more
13517.jpg

13518.jpg

13519.jpg

13520.jpg

It is mostly concealed inside the frame except for the cylinder. I had to cut a small hole in the seat support for the levers.

Nobody recognized the Bearing. I wonder how I am going to identify it so I can buy some more. I have 3 1200's and want to fix all three so I do not have to worry about the flexible(guaranteed to break)drive plate. None of the local parts store guys can come up with a match.

Keith:

Tool & Die makers sometimes use double sided tape to attach some of the die parts. I have a roll that is only .003 thick and the adhesive is bulletproof. A clearcoat over the decal will help keep the edges in place.

Keith:

Check with 3-M Scotch brand. They have a number of double stick tapes for the automotive industry.

Would any of the "experts" as your called know if i can put factory cub weights on the inside of the wheels on a tractor that has external brakes? And how much weight do you think i can put on the back without ruining the hydro and other parts? I've got about 450 lbs now.

erik, I don't think they will with external brakes.
Todd, How well do you like the handles there?
I bet they work pretty slick for plowing or rear implement work. Nice job, dave

Todd- Looks good. I like the way you addressed the issue, but did a clean install.

Erik- You can't put weights on the inside of the wheels on a external brake tractor because the calipers sit inside the rim.

I have used as much as 560lbs on the rear of the 782D, but 200lbs should be good for most situations, and if snow/ice traction is a issue, get chains. It will be better for the tractor in the long run.

I didn't think they would and would you believe i have a 1512 cub which is the same as a 782d. Right now i don't have any weight actually on the tractor. I made my own wheel weights and had the tires filled with calcium. Thanks saved me allot of trouble to find out. Oh yeah did someone say there is a pd in pa?

Erik ,yes there is a Pa plow day .This spring will be the 3rd.It is in Sykesville which is near Duboise Pa. did you get the 1512 on 422, west of Butler? I am in New castle Pa.

Latest posts

Back