Archive through October 27, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstetar

displayname
Matt (Diesel Creek)
ok i know that some people frown against these kinds of questions, but im farely new to originals and im not to sure about prices
No Links to CL or EB
i called the guy and threw out an offer of $200 and he said " OH yah ill take $200!" i guess i should have low balled a little more! now i dont know whether to try and talk the price down or what....
bash.gif
dunno.gif

he said that gas was pouring out of the carb but it did fire a few times... im not sure what to think about that
confused.gif
i asked what the thing in front of the shifter was and he said his uncle put some "odd stuff on there" and quote "was basicly and idot!" he also flat out told me he took it from his unlce because he didnt know he had it!}

Matt: You offered him $200, he said he'd take it, You owe him $200. Your profile says you have an Original, now, 1 more can't hurt.
buttrock.gif

Matt...The fenders alone make up what you offered. Get it....

On another note, I know there's not many from this area but did one of you guys slide into NY and pick up a 122 in my back yard ? I tried to buy it but apparently someone was on a 3hr road trip to look at it.....I should have had my
war.gif
waiting...that was a killer deal...
rant.gif

Matt S.,
Here's my 2 cents worth - you told him $200, he said he'll take it, so I agree with Frank. It's time to "man" up and pay him the $200. How would you feel if you show up, money in hand, and he said after he "sold" it to you, someone else showed up with $250 and he sold it to that guy? It's an ethical thing now. Just my opinion.

Ok I have seen cuts in the front axle and hear that they break etc. I have bad cuts in mine and wonder if the snow plow is going to end my fun this winter. Can it be welded or reinforced in any way? Thanks for any replies.

Brett H., yes the blade from a 129 will fit right onto a 782, and yes the lift rod will require a longer lift bracket on the blade mainframe, part #1 in the parts drawing below. Also, you may need a different length lift rod.
dunno.gif

180263.jpg

Richard C., I believe that there was a bad batch of WF axles... Yeah I could be wrong but I'm sticking with my belief, prove me wrong.
happy.gif
That broken one I posted a photo of, (along with a couple of others I've seen over the years) all broke well outside the area where the mule drive pulleys wear the grooves. And YES NF axles also wear the groove, not this groove:
icon_jam.gif
jester.gif
You can see the grooves in both the WF and NF axles photos that I posted.

Michael, I wouldn't worry about the grooves in the axle, they all have them, I don't recall ever seeing one break at that point, though they probably have but even then not due to normal use, wheelies as Marlin mentioned would be a likely cause. Or driving into a grass hidden ditch, at speed, as happened at a "Mow Day" once upon a time...

Under edit: Matt, as the others have said get the Cub for $200, the fenders alone are worth that...

Guys all this debate about hydros and gear drives. well i have a loader on a 129 and I love the hydro and would not install it on a gear drive. I can set engine rpm and use the hydro for ground speed and this lets me steer and control the bucket with my other hand. I`am running about 800 lbs with me in the seat so traction is good with the super lugs.I can fill the bucket but find that 3/4 full is better for long moves. The 129 is sweet to use now for moving ground. Just my .02

I wish I had a grand to buy this. I don't know the loaders well... looks good, but maybe a homemade one?

180268.jpg
180269.jpg
180270.jpg

Jeff C, I wish i had $1000 to buy it too.i that a 106 or a 126?

I agree with BB, especially with the trip in the front for the bucket. that gives it away.

I'm not sure of the model. Those little pics are all I have. The guy just states "good little tractor, 3 spd. and the PTO works too".

probly a 106. when they say good LITTLE tractor, i think small. IDK, maybe its just me.

A little about "worn out hydros" before I start my work day. Those little 15U hydros are built to last under normal work duty around 4-5000 hours. They are used on more than just garden tractors and lawn mowing equipment. The things That ARE more than likely worn or out of adjustment is the linkage. REMEMBER this.... The swashplate is hooked directly to the trunion shaft. Even the SLIGHTEST movement in either direction will set the system into motion. When linkage is loose (as most are) THAT is what cause people to think the hydro is worn out. As I've stated before ... the 15U was/is actually overkill on a garden tractor.

I didn't sleep well at all last night. Oh well. Everyone have a great day.
happy.gif

DON T. - When I made my comment about 1X9's making Good loader tractors I was thinking about Your 129. You did a Really nice job on that loader & tractor.
greenthumb.gif

KENDELL - Actually, We did and also didn't agree. Even Me being a GD person a hydro makes a better loader tractor, and a WF hydro would be the best. The front part of the frame being wider, with bends & folds in the frame rails makes a stiffer stronger frame which will resist the twisting a loader will put on the frame. A NF tractor just isn't as strong in torsion.

A NF GD will work with a loader, these little Cubbies are really stout little tractors. But loader use puts all kinds of extra loads on them because of the over-hung loads.

Ohhhhh, and speaking of these grooves worn into the frt axles from mule drives.....I feel so left out! My 70 & 72 don't have any.

A friend of mine wants me to pick up a Model 71 that someone gave him. Do I let this tractor die a slow death in their barn covered with chicken and goat manure, or do I convince them that it isn't what the need for their place? My wife says I oughta keep the 71 and give my friend my 1100 in its place. What to yall think?

get rid of the 1100 and get the 71! ive got both and i love my 71! of course ive never actually run my 1100 but there not built with the same quality as a good ol' Cub Cadet!

Mike Howard,
Listen to your wife. Of course you may have to hear "I told you so" indefinitely.

Latest posts

Back