• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 14, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne,

Thanks, but the problem isn't the fit of the blade on the spindle, but slop in the bearing housing.

247041.gif

Parts 5 and 7 are supposed to hold the bearing assembly (part 4) securely. And they do so by pinching the outer shell of the bearing assembly. Apparently, the bearing begins to move, wobble, maybe even spin, and the bearing shell cuts grooves in the bottoms of the bearing cups.

Since there is no adjustment, I have to figure out another way to take out this play. I think I like Gerry's response of brazing the grooves to add metal back to the worn areas.

128 brakes: Were the original brakes capable of full wheel lock up? I have replaced brake lining but can not slide wheels or even keep tractor stopped on much of a slope and am wondering if the COF (co-efficient of friction) is adequate to do the job or if there is something else not correct. I am pretty sure the calipers are working OK but wonder if the whole system ever worked well even when new.

Ken F - thanks for looking at your 1250. The decal tag I'm trying to get the numbers for is on a 1650 but I didn't think the specific model would have different patent numbers.

Frank - yes as Ken mentioned the patent decal tag is located on the right side of the frame between the lift cam and the front of the fender.

Geez, this is one I didn't think would be that hard to get the info on. Seems the patent decal changed quite often. I'll attach one from an earlier Quiet Line and the later Quiet Line which has the blurry patent numbers for Australia that I'm trying to identify. What numbers do you suppose they used "down under"?
247055.jpg

Early Version Quiet Line Patent Decal
247056.jpg

This is the Patent Decal that I'm trying to identify the numbers for Australia

Hydro H,

The first picture of the patent decal is the one I've seen the most. I have never found a source for a patent decal anywhere. They don't come with the decal kits for some unknown reason. Maybe its because they changed frequently. Since your's is on a late production QL model, I wonder if the one on an early 82 series would have the numbers you are seeking?

I will need one for my 169 rebuild whenever I finally get it back together. Right now I will have to find a source to make one using a picture of the one on my 149 as the example to duplicate.

Doug W: My 129's brakes are good enough to hold the tractor and a trailer load of wood (see my profile pic) on a slope... Check to see if the pedal is bottoming before the pads are tight on the disks. It's a pretty simple system, but you might have to pull the fender assembly to fully trouble shoot it.

Ken-

I've had to lightly grind the tips of Gator blades before the first installation...it seems that they're a bit too long, or at least every pair I've obtained has been. Check the balance of them before reinstalling if you have to grind the tips.

I was wondering if anyone has put a 44in mowing deck on a narrow frame cub?I am wanting to put one on a 122 cub cadet.TIA,Joey.

DOUG W. - I have individual rear wheel brakes on my 982, and it takes a bit of force but I can lock up the inside wheel when I have to turn really sharp. What actually happens is the inside wheel locks up and slides forward in an arc and the frt wheels go exactly where they are pointed. But to lock up a rear wheel while going straight on anything NOT slick, like ice, snow, mud, that's not going to happen.

You may have to clean & de-grease the rotors, especially if the rear outer axle seals leak, and maybe cluff up the swept surfaces where the pads run on the rotor.

If your tractor was a 129 I'd say "Just use the HYDRO", but since it's a GD, brakes are kinda important.

Thanks Matt,

I have been running the Gators for about a year without issue. But now they are hitting at random. When I grab the end of a blade it is easy to get 3/16" =/- of vertical play at the tip of the blade on the left and center spindle. The right side spindle is tighter.

The bearings seem to be in good shape. It must be the bearing caps.

Ron S - hey thanks for that info. I've never seen the patent decal in a decal kit either.

Ok, you guys with 82 series units - can you please check your patent decal and see if it lists Australia???? We really need to fill in the blurry numbers so we can get this decal reproduced.

Latest posts

Back