• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

The Cola and Peanut Wars - which is Your favorite

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie makes a strong case...I'm from Bama but grew up in good ol' Georgia...left at age 17 for Alaska...yea,I was an Army brat until I enlisted as both my step-dads did...Coke/Dr.Pepper and Tom's salted peanuts...hot dog!
Spent many a day on the 'Hooch and wadin' Bull Creek in Columbus...thanks for the time travel Charlie!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Correction from my previous post... Double Cola had those 16 ounce bottles with swirls on the side.
bottom.gif

I'll have to try cashews & Dr. Pepper...

Paul R - I thought you were right the 1st time. I don't remember exactly but RC Cola had the swirls either around the whole bottle or maybe just were it started to narrow up to near the top.

Harry B...aaaahhh, NO I am not going to partake . lol I guess I'll just have to live with the fact that I missing out on this experience. ummm, I'll have to ask Marlin if he's ever tried this.

angel.gif
cathleen\

Harry, just google "Double Cola Bottle" (1957 History) for me...am I seeing what my mind/memory

sees?
1a_scratchhead.gif

There's one bottle for sale online for $15 & it's empty!

I'm sorry,,, you folks have the wrong beverage/nut combination. Grin.

252578.jpg

Paul R - dang it, I just did the search as you suggested. RC is not the one I was thinking of. I hate to say it but it was the Pepsi swirl bottles. Well, I guess the cats out of the bag - yes I did drink Pepsi some times, but never with peanuts.

Luther - no, Pepsi was not just made to go with peanuts. Someone discovered it, but that was after someone discovered Coke was GREAT with peanuts.

Ah Richard - the item on the left is known as "tools of the trade".

Good morning, Everyone.... Angel and I have been visiting about the Pepsi/Coke and peanuts thing. I admitted to trying the peanuts in almost every kind of pop/soda flavor including 7Up. she is holding to her grounds with not wanting to try the combination. I'll try and remember tonight to get some Coke or Pepsi and peanuts after work and give it a small shot. I can't have too much caffiene or I'll be up all night.

Marlin: I've been having Coke or Pepsi with peanuts every day at 4:00 PM --I wonder if we ought to introduce the practice to the Brits so they can liven up their Tea Time?

Cathleen: Come on, you've got to try it now. It's not as bad as you might think. If you don't, Harry Bursell will give you no peace until you do.
happy.gif

Richard: I think it would be hard to mix the pistachios with the beer. I've wondered if peanuts could be mixed with beer and what it would taste like. I wonder too if the salt in the nuts would kill the foam instead of creating it.

The more I think about the combination, the less I like it.
smile.gif

Cathleen M - you know it's your turn and we're all waiting on you.

Jeremiah - salt in beer causes it to foam. I add salt almost all the time when I have beer - it was actually my wife that got me trying and doing it. (but due to recent blood pressures I now have to beack off on the salt). Peanuts in the beer, well that's one I just don't think would work. (I don't even actually care for beer nuts and beer, and that's not mixing them together either).

RC cola goes with a Moon Pie y'all.

Pepsi Cola hits the spot, 16 oz. that's a lot!

Remember that quote?

Marty - nope, don't remember that quote. But I do remember
"See the U.S.A. in your Chevrolet, America is asking you to call"

Harry and Jerimiah, well, Harry may be relentless but I am NOT giving up..no no no, I cannot do peanuts in cola. Marlin said he was going to stop and pick some up for me to try, and I gave him a look.! ( it worked) He hasn't come home with them. lol. J/K. As hard as I try to believe you guys, I just don't think I can join you boys on this one. IF I do get up the courage though, you will be the first to see a pic validating it. And, I dislike having my pic taken...so THERE.

Cathleen

Cathleen-

If you like peanuts and you like pepsi/coke/dr. pepper then you should be able to at least tolerate this combination. I've been on a thousand hunting and fishing outings and, in my case, I like it as a quick snack as do my buddies. If we were really hungry we would get some nabs and an oatmeal cake to go along with the soda and peanuts mixture. I'll now get the Pepsi and peanuts ever so often just because I like it that much.

Try it, you might like it! And the burping that follows is just as enjoyable. It's like having a snack with a snack.

Good luck!

Allen S - HEY!!!!! Thanks for posting that link. Hadn't seen that one in a long long time. Everyone should have a look see, especially if you were born before '53.

Allen: She's really pitching it, isn't she? Wow, still the same Dinah Shore --class act. I believe she hailed originally from Nashville, Tennessee or close by.

Wayne: Your story about hunting and fishing reminds me of the first time I ever ate sardines. Seems a friend of mine invited me on a canoe trip of an afternoon. After paddling up the Tar River for several hours, he suggests we land the craft and have lunch. I didn't know to bring one, and I was FAMISHED to say the least. That's when he whipped out the sardines and saltines.

I didn't know what to do. He seemed to be enjoying them so much. When another member of the party produced some Texas Pete, I decided to go for it.

I tried them, and I liked them. I enjoy them for a snack, and especially for lunch in the summer time along with a bottle of Coke. (No, I haven't tried Pepsi with my sardines.)

So Cathleen, you never know by what route you may be introduced to a new taste treat. I've tried both peanuts in my cola, and sardines on my cracker, and I'm still alive to talk about it.

I do however draw the line at fresh, boiled peanuts; at least out of the can. I tried them once in a store and they were alright; but I tried to heat up a can the other day, and I couldn't even get started on them. The brine was just too salty.

I don't know how peanuts get salted in the shell, but I suspect that brine has something to do with it.

252771.jpg

252772.jpg

252773.jpg

For those of you who are lacking in the language of Dixionics (the language of the south). Boiled is pronounced bald as in bald peanuts, many moons back when I was at corporate in Portland, Oregon they had no idea what bald peanuts were. But they thought I had an accent too, they were the ones that had an accent.

Latest posts

Back