• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard C, thats because he knows better than to mess with those QL's. <font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">NF's RULE</font></font>
buttrock.gif

Kraig, You wouldn't want to trade me that Sub carriage for some <font color="119911">$$$</font> would ya?

Hi cubbers,

Is the correct steering wheel cap for a 123 the same one as for a 122? Any assistance or photos would be appreciated. Thanks!

Josh, not at this time. Even though I don't have the proper blade for it, I do have this MTD blade that my neighbor gave to me, that I intend to mount to it.

179363.jpg

179364.jpg

Kraig, ok. I would like to get one before winter because I have a plow already, but someone made a 70-100 sub frame into a NF QA plow frame and i want one that i can use either on my 100 or my 124. So all i need is the subfame. Just thought i would ask.

Guys don't forget that the lift rod arm that bolts to the A frame on a front blade is also Wideframe/ Narrowframe specific.
Although a wideframe mount may work on a narrowframe tractor.

Brian L.
Nice score on the 129, its a nice consolation for missing out on the 102 I beat you to last year. Anyway, the 102 turned out OK, but I gotta do a little more clutch work to it before I'm satisfied with it.

Todd H.
I got the 129 from a guy down near Dunkirk MD, on the western shore of the bay. Other than that, may tractor count is 3 narrow frames and 1 wideframe, though the old 102 will probably never run again.

"Richard-
Did you see that Don P. said the 125 was given to him? I keep wondering how long it's going to take Kraig to figure out why all of these 125's are "given" away...
"

LOL, yes this tractor was given to me. i used to run a mower shop in chardon ohio but was forced to retire due to medical issues in 98. and now i run a small repair business from my home. an elderly lady brought a sears mower for me to repair because she thought it was broken. all it was, was the height adjuster was not in the bracket.
i didn't charger her for the repair, and the next day she came over and said that since i was so nice and did not charge her, i could have this tractor that was stuck in her barn. took my son and i 4 hours to get this tractor to run and out of her barn where it sat for the last 10 years.
we were never a cadet dealer in the shop i ran, but did a lot of work on them. i do know that there are different subframes for different models, i just don't have access to the part numbers to look up what i need. we were a troy-bilt/bolens, and toro dealer. thanks for the help and the warm welcomes. i'll be able to pitch in and help alot in these forums with engine questions.

Dad sent me some pics of the 70....what's up with this blade? I've never seen anything like it before. I'm having him check the serial number...

179375.jpg

179376.jpg

I was just wondering if it is time for a rebuild when the dipstick pops out of tube and oil hits the ceiling? And there is about .030 play in the piston. Hmmm. Oh yeah also when i tryed to spray gum cutter into carb to get it started i figured out that the carb blows out combustion and doesnt suck in air. Hmmm.
baldguy.gif

Bruce N., You and Brian have me beat on the cub count. I am at two for now, one wide one narrow. I still want to get over that way, one of these days.....

Matt, I'd say that has some PO rigging done on it. IH didn't use that decal on the 42" blade either.

My 125 would be a fine little tractor if it wasn't so tired, but its going to need some engine, driveline, hydro linkage, and that damn hood rattle taken care of (hood brace is cracked) before it'll be an enjoyable ride again. That'll be next year's project.

People just use them up I guess.

Tom G.
If your piston has .030 play like you say, I would check the cylinder walls with a telescoping gauge. If its more than .030 out, or worn asymmetrically, it might be time to look for another block.

Bruce Nolte,
If you get bored... go to you tube and look at the vids of Cub Cadet. Slamming into gear ect.

Richard P.
Its not for a lack of projects (though I got 2 major ones accomplished this year) Time grows short before winter shuts down my recreational wrenching, my pole building garage is uninsulated, so the shop is nearly unheatable. I still need to get the 102 and 129 ready for snow duty. The plow needs to be swapped off my old 102, and once I'm finished with the grass, the 129 will get narrow rims with tri-ribs and will be refitted with my QA-42.

I also need to clear space in the shop for my car. As I've gotten older I've learned to appreciate the fact that a garage lets you get going a lot quicker, since you don't have to clear the car of ice, snow, and frost before driving away. Along the same lines, I need to rearrange things so I can work efficiently without having to move several pieces of equipment out of the way every time I need to get a tool or get something off a shelf.

The 125 is on the back burner for now, but I've learned that the best way to tackle work like I'm facing on the 125 is that you have to just go in and do everything at once, or else you'll be taking things apart again and again.

Bruce Nolte,
I've learned that the best way to tackle work like I'm facing on the 125 is that you have to just go in and do everything at once, or else you'll be taking things apart again and again.

I have learned that lesson too. I started out being happy go get the Cubs running. Then hitting newly installed parts with some paint. Now I have a few good running and working Cubs that need painting and one that I have had the engine out no less that three times, and now to satisfy my anal need for as good as it can get, have to pull again to tighten up the front axle.

I'm going to try and learn from others that have redone everything on more that a couple Cubs and follow their sequence of doing things. I could have done that axle if I weren't fixated on just the task at hand.

Kraig
Quistion? When you check the fluid level on a 109 Hydro is that for the rear end and the hydro or just the rear end. If it is just for the rear end where do you check the hydro level.

Willis,

That info can be found in the operators manual, available from sponsors above...
On a hydro, the 2 levels are one in the same... also, see this link,
http://www.ccmanuals.info/pdf/147%20Operator.pdf

the 147 hydro should be similar, see page 37 on the pdf... HTH

Latest posts

Back