• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Richard C.

I have to agree. The WF cubs are our preference. Dad and I have had 2 narrow frames in the past (A 105 and a 124). We currently have in the fleet 5 wideframes (A '72 149 (Dad has owned this one since 1978) A '74 149 (Braked PTO, A '78 1450 (Mine), An '80 782, and an' 82 782 (Veltilated block, parts tractor). By far our favorite is the 149, and I would substitute the 149 in Kraigs "Perfection" graphic. My 1450 will become mre 149 like, I plan on replacing the ISO mounts with solid ones in the future. I would like to get a 169 and a "D" Cub in the future, but for Dad and I Perfection is the 149!!!!

Apart from the red series, I like NF's. they are simple and easy to work on....most of the time. To each his own
thumbsup.gif

Can anybody enlighten me on tire size for the rears on an Original How bout where to possably find a bar tire ,I've seen some on here. Thanks

Does anyboby know where i can go to down load a 109 operators manual for a 109 hydro?

I have gotten the tires on the 104! Those narrow 8 inch fronts are a (insert own word here!), to put on. I ended up putting the rims in the shop press at my grandads under light pressure to hold them in one place and the tires still went on hard! I got the rears on easy enough till I got home and realised I put one on the wrong way. Kinda like they were when I originally brought it home all those months ago. I will post some pics once I get it off the jack stands. Heck I might even get the drive shaft and clutch in so I can take her out for a spin!
groupwave.gif

Almost done with this 104!
179383.jpg

179384.jpg

179385.jpg

179386.jpg

Waiting on the decal kit to get here and a few odds and ends and it's done!

Here's what it looked like when I picked it up, it was an ugly cub!
179389.jpg

I'm gathering parts for the Super Steer axle upgrade on a 126. Does anyone have a source for rims for the 16.5x6-8 tires with a 5x4.5" bolt pattern? I have a source for one-piece 8x3" rims. They have 16.5x6-8 trailer wheel & tire assemblies, but not the bare rims. I'm buying wholesale so I can get the assemblies for $28 each, but I'd rather just buy the bare rim. Two piece wheels would be even better. I have a set of narrow piece rims, but I haven't seen wide ones.

Thanks, Jerry

Latest posts

Back