• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 11, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dross

displayname
Dave Ross
Scott, You didn't ask but from expirience if your planning on pulling or pushing anything big try and put the tires on dry, The first year I had the plow on the the 149 I was on virgin sod and spun a wheel inside the rim. Local pulller told me about the dry rim fix. It's not as big an issue if your running tubes.

Todd H
Sorry if that 129 fell on the wrong side of the bay but........... I'm excited about it !!!

Brian L.,
greenthumb.gif

Josh Ott Not all electric PTO's will fit the 1450, the 1100 PTO is a different breed.

really
1a_scratchhead.gif
would that make them worth more? i just so happen to have one!

hi, i'm new to this forum. i hope i'm posting my question in the right area as i did not see it in the faq section. this forum is set up alot differently than the others i belong to.
i was given a nice 125 with what i believe to be a 42" tiller on the rear. i would like to find a snowplow for this tractor and i'm looking at acouple on craigslist. can anyone tell me which model number plows and subframes will work on my tractor? or will any ih/cub cadet subframe work with the 125? snow will be hitting us here real soon so i'm anxious to get this tractor ready. thanks.

Don P any blade for a Cub Cadet will fit your 125 but you will need a sub frame for a narrow frame cub.There is a difference in the sub frames only.The 125 is a great Cub and will push a lot of snow if you have chains and some weight. Later Don T
old.gif

does anyone have pictures of a narrow frame quick attach subframe? i dont think ive ever seen one!

SCOTT S. - If You've got the tools to install Tubeless tires You can install tube-type. MAYBE the only thing You'll need is the "Valve cap on a leash" to feed thru the valve stem hole in the wheel so You don't loose the valve stem inside the tire.

When You grab another bite with the tire iron just feel with Your fingers around the iron & the rim to make sure the tube is away from the edge of the rim.

Tubeless tires actually fit the bead of the rim tighter than tube type tires, install tubes in them and You shouldn't have a problem spinning the wheel inside the tire.

Brian L., nice 129!
happy.gif

Don P. welcome!
groupwave.gif
The 125 is my favorite Cub Cadet!

179345.jpg

Here's some photos of the proper blade sub-frame for a narrow frame Cub Cadet.

179346.jpg

179347.jpg

Above shown installed onto a Cub Cadet 124, (parts chassis), same basic frame as a Cub Cadet 125.

I got to thinking about it. I am going to take all 4 rims and tires up to my grandads and install them there. He has all the stuff I will need to install them right. He has a really good bead sealer that will work without tubes and he has valve stems out the wazoo. I decided to go with a short rubber valve stem, and with the weather being what it has been, he also has heat!

Don P.,
As Don T. mentioned, any Narrow Frame (NF) Cub subframe will work for a snow blade.
The NF Cubs include models 70, 71, 72, 73, 100, 102, 104, 105, 106, 122, 123, 124, 125, 127, and 147.
Be aware that some of these models have "bolt on" attachments and the later models have "Quick Attach" (QA) attachment provisions, but I don't think those differences matter with the snow blade, but it would with mower decks.
Here is the FAQ listing the model differences: http://cubfaq.com/ihbuilt.html

Welcome to the best Cub discussion Board around!
greenthumb.gif

Ryan Wilke
thumbsup.gif

Well its all set up for the 24th for me to bring home a 1512D .I will be going all over it and replaceing what is needed and upgradeing what others have done to improve starting. I won`t need to install the block heater because of the infloor heat in my shop, The 1512 D will be in out of the weather there.I will have to order parts for the drive shaft and bring it up to spec. So Charlie expect and order soon. lol I have a 44c deck here and a 54" blade that i will install. I will need to know what length the stroke is an the angle cylinder so I can get that up and working for the snow this winter. We are putting in some winter wood today so i had better get at it . Have a great day all. Later Don T
old.gif
animatedihbear.gif

Kraig, now admit it these guys that keep popping up with 125's can't all be real......
1a_scratchhead.gif

Richard-
Did you see that Don P. said the 125 was given to him? I keep wondering how long it's going to take Kraig to figure out why all of these 125's are "given" away...

roflol.gif

Don P-
Welcome to the forum. Your 125 is a fine little tractor, we just like to give our buddy Kraig a little "guff" now and then.
happy.gif

Richard C., Brilliant! I never thought to register under different user names...
whistling.gif
Naw, Charlie would figure that out in short order and
poof.gif
my new users.

Art,
fence.gif

Don P
It's a SAD SAD story, you see Kraig is under the misconception that the 125 is one of the greatest Cubs ever built. Poor guy never had a Quietline Cub.
clappy.gif
lol.gif

Latest posts

Back