• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 08, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralbert

displayname
Rick Albert
Everyone....sorry to have vented today and Gerry, I really apologize to you because those that know me here know I am really not as much a sphincter muscle as I was today.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of the liver a week ago and it's been quite a jolt to the system. Prognosis is 4-6 months. I LOVE cub cadets and have bought , repaired, and sold some 18 of these great machines that we call a hobby. So, I've grown to love these little guys and having them around has kept me young these last few years.

So, please forgive my outburst as my panties were in quite a wad this afternoon. Kraig...you ARE one of the finest person's I have never met...Steve Blunier, ditto to you as well....thanks for keeping this moving forward, as they say today.

So, again sorry for causing as odor around here today. If God decides it's 6 months, thanks for the memories.

Rick

Rick - don't listen to 'em - One of my best friends has lived with a liver carcenoid for six years. It's not fun, but Mayo was who he turned to when the Michigan docs said it was all done. He has recently been gaining weight after a round of chemo that started last winter (he never wanted that route, but gave in to family desires).

On a personal note (please forgive me on this being in the main forum, Charlie) I winter not far from you (probably 10 miles or less) and hope to be able to visit you in the next couple of months..

When I went through my loss to the C (I hate it), this forum and the people on it are what started pulling me back to normality (or what passes for it with me). I'm sure everyone will be pulling for you - don't drop out on us, like I did..

Rick, sorry to hear that bit of info. Hang in there, I'll be praying for you. Thanks for the nice comments.

This just in from Joseph Smith, I'll let him fill in the details of the photo.

263532.jpg

Rick, hang in there. I'm just finishing chemo for kidney cancer. my Dr. Says a whole lot can be done for liver cancer. get more opinions! As Gerry said, hang in there, I've met a few doctors recently whose opinion I questioned. Good luck. A.

Wish someone would make a nice bolt like Charlie sells for a wide frame. Seems like the axle pin loosens up over time and I have to squeeze the axle channel back together. A bolt like that with no threads where the axle rides and the proper length and diameter would be great.

Jeremiah - that figures. Are you sure you didn't take the wife to the shore again?

Kraig, OH GREAT ONE, Keeper of the Photos - thanks for posting the pic. I believe now my confusion has to do with the hole in the frame tunnel cover on the 125. I believe that pops off and is supposed to be used for lubricating the slots in the hydro linkage dohicky. I don't think you can really get to it from underneath with the metal hydro fan shield in the way and everything else is so tight. Same goes for the 107/137/147 except not sure if the hole is still there in the tunnel cover. Somehow I was thinking the hole in the later style fenders was supposed to allow some kind of access to that same slotted piece. I guess it's the end to the great hole debate.

Thanks for the words of encouragement....I plan to hang in there for as long as I can. Didn't mean to be maudlin about my issue, but always believed honesty is the best policy....Great site, terrific cast of players, and the info just keeps on coming. Thanks to everyone who contributes here.

'Morning All. My first day back to work and then tomorrow we take Angel back for her one week checkup.

Rick A. Hang in there!!! You now have a world of people now praying for you.Angel & I are two of them.

We're human... And overall this is THE BEST Forum to be a member of. Everyone have a wonderful day.

Charlie P. Your Money Order will go out this afternoon.
263535.gif
I need my 1650 running and Marlin sold some stuffies to help get it going again.

Thank you kraig for posting the picture below for me. I thought I would share this, my son and step daughter cruising around the front yard on the 1650 and 1200. I am already being asked to go buy another so everybody has their own. Mom and the budget arent exactly on board with that but we will keep working on that. The cub interest in younger generations seems to run strong at my house, I wonder why that is? Haha. Hope everyone has a good cub day and thank you to the best forum on the net for letting me share this with everyone.

Joseph I like the picture, The red looks good on the 1650. Your little guy is getting big so he deserves the 1650

https://www.ihcubcadet.com/forum/messages/106/18963.html#POST32815

I did a SEARCH but came up short.
I'm sure this topic has been beaten into the ground.... Hydraulic fluid for Hydra trani units. Is the stuff we use in larger tractors OK? Fluid 46 type stuff or is Hy-Tran the only stuff you use and is it still available?
Hydra Filters.. This new to me machine is so gunked up with greasy dirt I can't see a name or part number on the filter. With no history , I'd like to start craeting a new Baseline by cleaning and replacing the maintenance stuff

TONY - Your local Case/IH dealer should have Hy-Tran Ultra on the shelf, or in bulk if youhave clean gallon of 5 gal cans available. IH only used ONE part number of filter which your C/IH dealer should have also, or the sponsors above show the listing & pt #.

I agree, not a bad idea to change & service everything you can, also a good time to clean the outside of the hydro unit, I spray mine down with GUNK Foaming engine cleaner and let it soak a while, them spray it down good with a garden hose & nozzle. It clean it right up, No need for a pressure washer.

Thanks Dennis
http://www.viscosityoil.com/hy-tran.htm
Got a hold of these folks. They tell me HyTran is an ISO 46 viscocity Grade. That is the most common of fluids. Every/any tractor place carries ISO 46.
Yup, I ran out and bought 2 cans of Gunk during Lunch. A clean engine/trani is a cool running one. Everything I touch on this tractor is getting cleaned as I go. I'm sure it wasn't run hard, just terribly neglected. Heck the steering had 90 degrees of play in it. 15 minutes on my back, under trtactor fixed that. Took more time to take the Cover off teh bottom steering box area then to actually adjust the Box.

Ok, I have the rear lift stuff installed and need to tihgten the bolts. S what is the next step in setting up a plow.

263539.jpg

263540.jpg

Jeff there is a really good write up on it in the faq's. I printed it off and got mine dialed in except for minor adjustments for conditions.

My new #2 cart from almost scrap to another 30 something years service.

263549.jpg

263550.jpg

Jeff, Hook that thing up and put it in the ground. You'll see what you need to do in the first 10 feet.
You can get it close before you go but, your main adjustments will be in the field. Put the pin in the sleeve hitch, adjust the bolts to the plow and level the plow so the landside sits flat on the ground. Then try to plow and adjust as you go. Once you get it right you won't want to take it off your tractor.

Keith O - "another 30 years of service"????
Geez, I think that cart would have made it another 30 the way it was when you got it. Now that you cleaned it up and painted it up, and greased it up and maybe waxed it up - I wouldn't be surprised if it goes another 50+ years. NICE!!!!!

(PS - one thing you probably didn't have to do was change the air in the tires, but I suppose you did anyway).

Latest posts

Back