Archive through October 08, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott-

I prefer the metal ones...you can replace the seals in them, and if you want to put tubes in later, you can re-use the valve stems.

Thanks Randy. I still have not splurged the 60 bucks for thr grill embelm!!! wow they are proud of them. i was lucky and this was a magnum 18 repower engine as well. i got a cab for it too!

Scott Stanton; I like the rubber valves for a working tractor Because i ocasionally break one and replacement is easy and Quick.
Also if you use this tire cleaner when mounting the tires they are easy to put on the rims without damage to paint. It also softens the rubber and seals the bead better. Just my 02c
179261.jpg

Bruce,

I bought all new parts, with the exception of the clutch spring and throw out bearing. The spring and throw out were new the year before last. The friction disk was pretty decent other than the three holes were egg shaped.

Our Cub doesn't do any pulling other than the plow so we haven't had any reason to try and build a custom shaft. If we were going down that road I have a tool and die friend of mine with a small custom shop. I don't even own a pair of v blocks so there's no way I'd tackle that one.
coffee.gif

That HVC from the last page might be some kind of Code. H V Code. There's something to think about this weekend. It's always nice to see the original prices on these old Cubs, and to think about what those prices meant back then. Looks like a 1650 sold for more than a new Volkswagen. Have a great weekend, everyone. Still raining, here.
bash.gif

Frank A. Currier,
It's looking like this year's "Indian summer" is going to be 20 degrees lower with non stop scattered rain. I find that I now have to decide if this next mow, probably today will be the last and pull the deck and mount the blade. Our highs now and for the next week barely break 50 degrees.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Frank C: HVC likely means <u>H</u>ome <u>V</u>ehicle <u>C</u>ompliant. HVC is shown only on the Quiet Lines models, which were intended to comply with proposed congressional legislation concerning suburban noise pollution. The legislation was drawn up and proposed in committee hearings but never enacted. However, IH was ready if it had been.

Myron B

Timothy,
Have you tried contacting your local auto upholstery shop to re-cover your seat? It may cost a little more, but you will still have the original seat!
Bjohnson,
Do you have fluid in your tires for added weight? I put tubes in my tires (to help protect the rims)and filled them with a mix of antifreeze and water. A pump up sprayer is great for doing this. My front tires (4.80x4x8)went from 10 lbs. to 26 lbs.(ea.); an increase of 32 lbs on the front. The rear tires (23x8.5x12)went from 31 lbs. to 83 lbs.(ea.); an increase of 104 lbs on the back. This added a total of 136 lbs to my cub!

I have a 12hp Kohler engine(K301-A)on my cub 128. Does anyone have information on how to properly adjust the air and gas mixture screws on the carburetor?

Marty:
This is from the 125 Operators manual - You might want to think about getting one (our sponsors above carry 'em)
thumbsup_old.gif

179274.jpg

179275.jpg

Paul, I really like that idea! Looks lke it would be alot easier to remove than mine. Maybe I'll do that for my next one. Thanks.
Marty, no I didn't put fluid in the tires because I didn't want to rot the wheels. But if you used tubes then that's a much better idea. Thanks.

Brian,
If you aren't the original owner of the tractor, its possible a previous owner could have made a homemade driveshaft. There also should be a pretty good adjustment range on the rod that pulls the throwout arm back, are you saying its bottomed out? I can pull the throwout arm back on my 102 so that the teaser spring has about 3/16" of play, and still has enough free play so that the plates come together fully. Since the clutch and the brakes operate off the same pedal, make sure that the brakes are adjusted properly as well.

I've taken a closeup of my setup with the parking brake engaged.

179278.jpg

Well, apparently my dad's been spending my money for me today...I now own this:

179280.jpg

Supposedly runs good but the shifter spins. I won't get to see it 'til December...

I had a new addition to the family today. Went to a sale to possibly get a bigger trailer and a CC 149 came home with me. It has a 38" deck, 42" snow plow, tire chains, wheel weights, 2 brand new belts in wrapper, and a pristine condition owners manual, mower deck manual, and attachment sales brochure. You guys are right they are addicting.

I have a 42" pin on deck on a 100. The deck may not be salvageable because the shell is in such bad shape. I was looking at it in hopes of stealing a grease fitting and I saw that the center pully had a bolt head and no fitting.

So I looked in my parts look-up and as far as I can tell it should have a grease fitting. So my question is, should it? Is this bolt a PO fix just to keep it going? I was thinking of trying to save as much of the deck as I can. Thanks

SCOTT S. - I've always had great success with the tire valve stems ATTACHED to the INNER TUBES I install in ALL my tires.

Latest posts

Back